GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Great audio they have going for this educational video. :lol: To answer the question, no I have not tried this but it sure looks easy doesn't it.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Wing has cast aluminum handle bars..........caution advised.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I use that method to pick up my dirt bike, that seems to spend too much time down on the ground. But it only weighs about 240lbs.

Can't see using that method with the Wing......

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
1983, I bought my first wing. A few days later in a bar we were talking about how hard it would be to pick it up. The bar maid who road a hog said I wouldn't have any trouble. We went outside and she laid hers down using that same method, then she stood it up. Because my mouth was hanging open she did it again. I have never had to pick up my wing so I've not done it. By the way she was not a big girl.

·
Registered
827 Posts
:wrong:

I just had to try it so I just put my wing down in the garage. NO FLIPPIN WAY is it going to move using that method. Was too easy to lift back using the butt to seat method though but have had lots of experience from tire changes.

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
:wrong:

I just had to try it so I just put my wing down in the garage. NO FLIPPIN WAY is it going to move using that method. Was too easy to lift back using the butt to seat method though but have had lots of experience from tire changes.
Thank you for trying for the rest of us - much appreciated. And like Kit said - not sure I want to lift a half-ton bike via aluminum handle bars. (yes I know it's not the full bike weight, but it's still pretty darn heavy).

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was hard to believe but I thought I would ask. The way they lifted the bike it looked very light. I've never seen it done that way.

·
Registered
557 Posts
U tube has taken the video dow so we can't see it anymore

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just looked at it, it's still up , you may wanna try again.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I was going to polish my bike on the front lawn, put my foot down and it slipped, as did the bike. Went down right in front of my son and his girlfriend. Told them "I always park it like that". I then had the opportunity to try the method and yes it does work! You don't pick up the bike so much as lean it up. I am old and not very strong and had no problem, didn't even need to ask the son for help.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just watched it. It played just fine for me.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was going to polish my bike on the front lawn, put my foot down and it slipped, as did the bike. Went down right in front of my son and his girlfriend. Told them "I always park it like that". I then had the opportunity to try the method and yes it does work! You don't pick up the bike so much as lean it up. I am old and not very strong and had no problem, didn't even need to ask the son for help.
Did you find it easier for you? would you do it again?

Do you think you can make a video of it and share it with us?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Well darn! now you are going to make me have to try it again. Maybe I just didn't have the right technique but I tried exactly as I saw in the video and it was like the bike was glued down to the ground and there wasn't any way I was going to move it.

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Wont work for me on the iPad either. Maybe it'll work on a PC? I'm using the APP for the iPad too. That usually solves any compatibility issues. See error below.

View attachment 55192
Well i think it id an I pad thing worked on my PC

·
Registered
20,952 Posts
Won't play on my iPad, says something about being blocked in this country

·
Registered
593 Posts
I guess the question is why? That method still looks like one could strain their back easily. Much easier to use one's legs than ones arms!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts