GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Please tell us some more about your bike? Still streetable?

·
Registered
538 Posts
As far as I know the ECU doesn't know/ are what gear is being used as far as fuel map is concerned.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Should make it easier to change the air filter, or twin turbo it. I’d think if you are playing with a wing like this you would be Dyno-ing it and reflashing the ecm as you built cams/exhaust/intakes and such for it. I’d think Honda’s intake and exhaust design would limit much advancement in flow which equates to HP. Experimenting with aftermarket high flow injectors to accommodate any air flow increase would be on the ‘to-do’ isn’t too. It would be an interesting thread to follow.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Trying to find out what gear would the map and fuel mix produce the most power I can trick the ECM to think it's in that gear all the way down track

Definitely not my cup of tea, but kudos to you for doing something radically different.
Can't say I've ever seen anything like it before........have fun and enjoy that's what it's all about.

Sorry no idea about your question, just needed to comment on your radical Wing. o_O

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I don't have the exact answer to your question, but I entered 100 HP and 675 pounds (bike plus rider) into my old ET spreadsheet and got 11.0 at 124 mph. At 124 you would be bumping the rev limiter in 4th. 5500 RPM might be a good shift point.

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
Perhaps the folks at Dynojet could be of service and develop a 6 cylinder version of their Power Commander. Otherwise, you would probably find the answer to your actual question by hiring a couple hours of dyno time from a reputable dyno operator. My gut 'guess' would be that Honda's fuel/air tables are set up richer in first gear than any other gear, but that's just my opinion, and not based on even the slightest real data.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Have you been to the track yet? Might want to do that before you start sinking a bunch of time and money into the bike. Working on your launch will make you much faster in my opinion, than bolting on parts or electronics. There are several things to do correctly before your first 60 feet. Good luck and nice bike!! ?

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Holy :poop: I had to go back twice to look at it, NOW "that's cool"....... first time ever seeing a rat wing, built for racing......I say you just got 1st place?? for originality... Nice job!

Ronnie

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Holy :poop: I had to go back twice to look at it, NOW "that's cool"....... first time ever seeing a rat wing, built for racing......I say you just got 1st place?? for originality... Nice job!

Ronnie
Look at this, his first post on 1800 and has everybody clapping..nice job!

·
GL1800 Doctor
19,347 Posts
Trying to find out what gear would the map and fuel mix produce the most power I can trick the ECM to think it's in that gear all the way down track View attachment 365784
Welcome to the board. The ECM only knows whether it’s in 3 thru 5. It can’t tell which of the three, so I think the fuel map is the same for those three gears.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I would suspect that it might have a different map for 1st thru 3rd. I can't believe that you've gotten this far on your mods and are still trying to work with the stock ECM. We have been told that the early models ECMs were not tunable. I would like to know what's been done and I suspect that you are reasonably well versed in motorcycle drag racing to have gotten to this point. It would seem that you are blazing new paths and I would like to know more about the details, please.
Richard

·
Registered
741 Posts
What performance items are on this build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts