21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
More pictures please.............
More pictures please.............
I am trying to figure that out
I would suspect that it might have a different map for 1st thru 3rd. I can't believe that you've gotten this far on your mods and are still trying to work with the stock ECM. We have been told that the early models ECMs were not tunable. I would like to know what's been done and I suspect that you are reasonably well versed in motorcycle drag racing to have gotten to this point. It would seem that you are blazing new paths and I would like to know more about the details, please.
Richard
I haven't messed with to much of the electrical things on the bike yet I have advanced the timing 6゚ by moving the pick up coil Just getting started with it won 1st place last November its bracket racing but I'm running mid 11 seconds now looking forward to getting it in the 10s Mostly just removing weight and changing the looks and riding position for a more comfortable ride When you live on an island with not too many straight roads The drag strip is the straightest road we have

·
Registered
4,990 Posts

I haven't messed with to much of the electrical things on the bike yet I have advanced the timing 6゚ by moving the pick up coil Just getting started with it won 1st place last November its bracket racing but I'm running mid 11 seconds now looking forward to getting it in the 10s Mostly just removing weight and changing the looks and riding position for a more comfortable ride When you live on an island with not too many straight roads The drag strip is the straightest road we have
I feel your pain totally!! Your right, living in Hawaii ! OMG! Oh' how I feel sorry for you ! LOL... I've [traveled/visited] your area 3 times, Sweeeeeeeeeeet place to live...

Ronnie

·
Registered
4 Posts

Nice bike !

That's quite a mod.

I don't know if you have increased horse power and torque but have you thought about changing the final drive drive gear ratio ?

Stock ratio is 2.75 :1 (33 teeth on the ring and 12 teeth on the pinion and I have developed 2.286 : 1 (32 teeth on the ring and 14 teeth on the pinion) ratio ring and pinion gear and 2.416:1 ratio (29 teeth on the ring and 12 teeth on the pinion) (See attached Photos).

Honda Stock - 2.75 : 1 ratio 70 MPH @ 3000 RPM
My gear - 2.416 : 1 ratio 70 MPH @ 2700 RPM
My gear - 2.286 :1 ratio 70 MPH @ 2600 RPM

I like the 2.286 : 1 ratio better because the engine runs more adequately (power against speed) with but
2.416 : 1 ratio gave me more performance while dropping the engine RPM by 300 at 70 MPH over stock ratio.

I got 177 MPH top speed on the dyno at 6200 rpm.

If you have increased the torque and horse power then using my gears may give you better results on 1/4 mile runs.

Best

Henry

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have changed my rear wheel and tire size for every revolution of the tire I'm moving 5" further down the street. Are you a gears case hardened and what would rockwell test be on that

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have changed my rear wheel and tire size for every revolution of the tire I'm moving 5" further down the street. Are you a gears case hardened and what would rockwell test be on that
Of course they are heat treated.

Heat treated depth is from 0.6 mm - 0.8 mm thick and hardness of Rockwell RC62-65

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Please tell us some more about your bike? Still streetable?
It is still steerable I ride it daily I put in the street fighter category ride it to and from the track. I did a similar bike from the GL1500 valkyrie that was in streetfighter magazine June 2012 and in the ultimate builder competition 2012 this is photo of that bike.
20181017_165804.jpg
Valkyrie 5.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Should make it easier to change the air filter, or twin turbo it. I’d think if you are playing with a wing like this you would be Dyno-ing it and reflashing the ecm as you built cams/exhaust/intakes and such for it. I’d think Honda’s intake and exhaust design would limit much advancement in flow which equates to HP. Experimenting with aftermarket high flow injectors to accommodate any air flow increase would be on the ‘to-do’ isn’t too. It would be an interesting thread to follow.
The bike is in the mockup stage I did this in 20 days more mods to come I am installing stainless steel headers ne
20200112_152359.jpg
xt working on as the money flows

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I would suspect that it might have a different map for 1st thru 3rd. I can't believe that you've gotten this far on your mods and are still trying to work with the stock ECM. We have been told that the early models ECMs were not tunable. I would like to know what's been done and I suspect that you are reasonably well versed in motorcycle drag racing to have gotten to this point. It would seem that you are blazing new paths and I would like to know more about the details, please.
Richard
So far just weight loss wheels and tires alone 26lb lighter. replaced gas tank removed all Unnecessary electrical including reverse. I think close to 200lb off so far

21 - 32 of 32 Posts