1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
I am thinkin about em too:eek:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Yep, Like them too. They ran true to size for me. I got the relaxed fit and wear Bohn armor under them. The kevlar doesn't look like much but somewhere on You tube there is a nut who bought a pair off the shelf and got his buddy to drag him down the street. So I guess the clip they have on their site is pretty accurate.
The jeans are good quality and other than some extra stitching they look like reg Levis or wranglers. The only complaint I can find is I wish they would have put another belt loop or two on them.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I think I was reading one of the MC magazines recently and the writer had a low speed get off riding a little super moto wearing those draggin jeans and was less than impressed with the protection (or lack of) they tore up and he was glad he was not going any faster.
For warm/hot weather I wear and recommend the BMW summerpants. I've been wearing mine over 5 yrs now and they're still good (as are my BMW airlfow boots). They come with CE armor in the knees and optional CE armor for the side of your femur and another above it for your hip.

There is a flap around the knee that zippers to convert into shorts.
You can't tell from the photo but if you hold these up to light and you see all the little micro holes that keep you cool. They are also very tough and I believe would hold up well in a get off.
http://www.bmw-riders-gear.com/BMWRA_products.asp?mm=Apparel&c=Suits&sc=Pants&m=MC-Riders&md=&i1=ON&p1=12&p2=12&r1=&ref=cat&bplo=&bphi=

Sinced I mentioned them:

http://www.bmw-riders-gear.com/BMWRA_products.asp?page=7&mm=Apparel&c=Accessories&sc=Boots&m=MC-Riders&r1=&md=&a1=ON&d1=ON&i1=ON&p1=1&p2=12&s1=&bplo=&bphi=
These are great riding boots. The silver part is vented and my feet never get hot in GA summer. They have round pads on both sides of the ankle.

Steve

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yep I got 'em. I like to ride in them. They look like regular jeans (but just a little bulkier). They are cut to be comfortable in a riding position. I will buy another pair if these ever wear out (which could be a while, 2 years and about 30,000 miles now and no sign of going away).
The only thing about them is they won't pack as small as a pair of regular jeans. So keep this in mind while traveling. Just wear the Draggin's and pack the dress jeans and you are good to go.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Yep I got 'em. I like to ride in them. They look like regular jeans (but just a little bulkier). They are cut to be comfortable in a riding position. I will buy another pair if these ever wear out (which could be a while, 2 years and about 30,000 miles now and no sign of going away).
The only thing about them is they won't pack as small as a pair of regular jeans. So keep this in mind while traveling. Just wear the Draggin's and pack the dress jeans and you are good to go.
I have them too, and I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Mike

·
Registered
740 Posts
jeans

They are a little hot in the summer esp in the reinforced areas, crotch, knees and butt. Protection comes w/ a price.
Bob VanNess

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a pair too and like them. I had velcro sewn onto the knees and then put kneepucks on for riding my sportbike on hot days or for jaunting around town. Long rides during spring, winter and fall I wear full leathers on the sportbike. You never know when some impromptu knee dragging will occur!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Draggin jeans are from over here in Australia there very popular over here the black ones tend to be very hot but the others are good i have about three pairs and would not ride without them. if the numbers of riders wearing them is any indication then they must be good as just about every rider wears them>

johng

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Can anyone recommend a place where to purchase the Dragg'n Jeans, at a reasonable price?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I own two pair of Draggn' but I've been waiting to try a pair of Diamond Gusset's. Their Defenders Series have arrived and I think I've converted....more room for the "boys" with the extra crotch room and a velcro tab on the bottom of the leg to prevent flapping. Now I have to wait for spring for a ride but in the mean time they feel great in the easy chair.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Duluth Trading Co. sells a jean with Kevlar stiched throughout the pant. They claim they are 4 times more abraision resistant than regular denim. I have two pair and while they are more substantial than jeans they are reasonably comfortable. I think they were about $70.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I bought a pair in 1997 and they are still in pretty good shade. My only complaint is that they are hot in the summer. I switch between using the Draggin jeans and Olympia summer riding pants. Everything gets hot when the temps are in the mid 90's.

D

·
0 Posts
I've been wearing Draggin Jeans for a year or so and like them for the shorter day trips.
On long hauls I prefer other pants the sit better over long times in the saddle.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Draggin jeans are from over here in Australia there very popular . . .
johng
John, I have had Draggin Jeans for the last 42 years and I get them right her in the States. Walmart, K-Mart, Sears, who ever has them on sale.:cool:;)

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
John, I have had Draggin Jeans for the last 42 years and I get them right her in the States. Walmart, K-Mart, Sears, who ever has them on sale.:cool:;)
That's funny right there... I don't care who ya are!!
:lol:

·
Registered
352 Posts
There are two company's that sell/manufacture Draggin Jeans. They don't seem to be related to each other. One is in Australia and the other is in Hickory, NC. The one in Hickory is the one where the owner was drug behind a pickup truck to test the jeans. The owner passed away several years ago.
If you're anywhere close to Hickory, they have a facility that sells the jeans and they have a large supply of seconds. Last time I was there I was told they no longer made them in NC but were now made in Texas. I personally thought the jeans were good but way too hot for summer riding and have since moved into both summer and winter versions of Olympia pants that have built in armor. That's one of the downsides of the jeans is that they're really not made to put armor in.

http://www.dragginjeans.com/ Hickory, NC

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I don't own a pair, but one review I read was critical of them because they have no padding. Like one guy wrote earlier, he wears armor under his. I doubt when I get protective pants these will be on the list,

1 - 20 of 31 Posts