GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
You can drag a knee on the wing, but in that case, it appears to slow him down more than help.

I've seen and made quite a few track videos. That one was pretty slow. Think the guy was more concerned with getting the knee down than good lines and going fast.

The guy taking the video wasn't even giving it full throttle and was staying right on him.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I didn't see any peg scrapping (at least not from the angle) and usually you can see some sparks and hear the metal grinding. I'm sorry, but he did look a big uncomfortable trying to get the bike slowed down and then getting set up.

·
Registered
466 Posts
This is what bugs me about these behemoth class bikes. They require a HUGE amount of work to quickly deal with a chicane.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hanging way off the bike, but not much lean angle.
Exactly, but without hanging off he wouldn't have had the lean angle to ride as fast as he was. For a big touring bike he was getting along pretty good. He caught the sport bikes ahead of him.

·
Registered
5,989 Posts
He's still got more balls then I............!

Ronnie

Reactions: Glockjock

·
Registered
466 Posts
He's making it look harder than it should be but remember, the Goldwing was designed to be a touring machine, not a track bike!:wink2:
Without any doubt. He is working it with exaggeration for effect.

I’ve followed Harley through S’s and they’d be clanging and sparking and grinning from ear to ear. I followed at a leisurely pace, nearly running up their butts, without clanging or sparking, and with an even bigger grin.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Exactly, but without hanging off he wouldn't have had the lean angle to ride as fast as he was. For a big touring bike he was getting along pretty good. He caught the sport bikes ahead of him.
I recall some years back on the ST forum the videos of the guy with the Wing riding the Dragon and embarrassing many a sport bike riders. Yellow colored Wing with a lot of suspension upgrades, but that guy could cut a corner!
(Search Yellow Wolf)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Jettawreck: “YellowWolf” could have eaten this guy alive! If I am not mistaken YW has some records on the Dragon. I don’t think he rides very much (or at all) anymore.

·
Read Only
851 Posts
It’s possible that the extra weigh of his leg hanging out like that helps to reduce the amount of lean needed by offsetting the center of gravity. On ATV’s, we used to refer to this as using body English.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts