GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dragon breakfast or dragon burger Monday?

if I don't get a tips ride or a better offer to ride elsewhere!!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sunny and 68 degrees for Monday!!!!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok

got on the bike at 6:30am,was chilly at 36 degrees,got to the store at 8am,parked right out front and went in and had a big breakfast!!!

man the place was empty,so after a bit I desided to do a run,i left the store on a sight in lap,road was in good shape,now this is where it gets interesting!!

anybody remember my pal triplec???

rather than act like a regular person and come in the store,sit down and shoot the breese he went up the gap and waited in the weeds for me to come by,lol

I saw him and was in no mood for the "im gonna show you" attitude he displays most times!!

so when he pulled out I just backed off,he cought me and I moved right and let him by,figured its time to see what he's got,i ran the rest of the run going no lower than 3rd gear"smoother" for me,,,,,

now first the good stuff,he has gotten way better than he was in 06,he also moves his upper body better than a year ago,and the guy is fast

that said his tires were on or over the center line 24 times"all in left turns",,,,,he ran wide 8 times in left turns,meaning he slowed way down to correct a bad line,no he did not come to close to running off the road but I did have to slow a lot when this happened!! nose to tail all the way from there but for some of the straits he got a bit"i believe he was using 2nd gear

we got close to the over look and I do what I always do and after the last corner I slipped it out of gear and coasted to the overlook,he did not,he turned around and passed me going back just before the overlook,i did my uturn and hit the stopwatch and waited 15 seconds,and away I go,when he turned into the store I was 5 bike lengths behind him.
the lap including the 15 seconds was a 12:58

he said no one with a car tire could hang with him"WRONG"

while improved he is still taking bad lines,crossing the center line,now in fairness he could have been just overriding trying to get away from me?
also it seems he has been working on his brake and gas it style of riding as I did not see so much of that this time?

this is not a bash of him or his riding,ive tried to state only facts and give good and bad stuff that happened,, but after all the lies and crap he spread on here and other sites I thought this was an interesting day!

the rest of the day was cool,hung out with graig of 129slayer photos and chatted,hung at the store and talked to a lot of folks,almost as fun as riding for me!!

and a burger and a nice ride home,a good day for sure!!!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Well then, he is pretty fast! If you hadn't ate so much you would have been faster.....

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well then, he is pretty fast! If you hadn't ate so much you would have been faster.....

but remember,i would rather be smooth than fast anyday,oh and full,lol

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Wait until he gets his new GWG engine, he is gonna spank you!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait until he gets his new GWG engine, he is gonna spank you!
well im waiting on him and djfire to whoop me,seems I do a lot of waiting,lol

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I just looked, Goldwing Greg hasn't posted since March 29.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Were any of the photographers taking pics yet?
not when we rode I don't think,but after there were plenty,lol

I had my go pro on but it was facing backwards for a test,damn,lol

·
Registered
689 Posts
Would have loved to been there today, but going to be up there next weekend for the Gauntlet Rally.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Cherehola Today

YW - I rode up to Talico Plains from the ATL this morning - and ran the Cherehola - thought about coming up to the Gap but needed to be back by 4:00. Great day to ride - I love the run up 60 from Dahlonega GA through Suches Bluedridge then 68 into Talico Plains. I saw less than a dozen bikes and cars on the Skyway. I have an 09 and have only put about 5000 miles on it, still feeling my way but I continue to be surprised by how well these things can handle the roads up there. One of these days I'd like to hook up with you and so I can have my yeller one watch and learn from that thing you ride :)

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
YW - I rode up to Talico Plains from the ATL this morning - and ran the Cherehola - thought about coming up to the Gap but needed to be back by 4:00. Great day to ride - I love the run up 60 from Dahlonega GA through Suches Bluedridge then 68 into Talico Plains. I saw less than a dozen bikes and cars on the Skyway. I have an 09 and have only put about 5000 miles on it, still feeling my way but I continue to be surprised by how well these things can handle the roads up there. One of these days I'd like to hook up with you and so I can have my yeller one watch and learn from that thing you ride :)

watch my tips ride thread,and would be my honor

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Better than the burger I bought you? ;)

Glad you had a fun day. Wish I could have been there.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Better than the burger I bought you? ;)

Glad you had a fun day. Wish I could have been there.
dude free burger wins every time!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts