GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided the weather was perfect for visiting the sleeping beastie. Light traffic, probably no more than a dozen bikes seen rolling and another dozen parked at either end. Deal's Gap is doing a major remodeling to the store, and is closed until February. Road was in very good shape with only one turn in the Dragon proper (very near the NC line) with very light gravel drug across it, and a place that looked like a tree had been cut and removed just North of the overlook. A great day to ride!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Sure looking foreward to makin' that trip. Wanted to do some hangar flying with Yellow Wolf and friends in the area. I think we can still make it happen with some advance notice. I've learned that planning can sometimes turn to poo-poo.

Even with the store closed, I bet we can find some BBQ somewhere.

I think that ANYWHERE (except Georgia) is on the way to Deals Gap!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Dear Dan,

I was stationed at Hunter Army Airfield and later at Ft. Stewart. My sons last duty station before ETS was Ft. Stewart. My sister lives in Marietta. I think that the Georgia folk are the finest anywhere....until they get in their cars. It takes me a couple hours to get from Atlanta to Savannah. The average Peach does it in 12 minutes. You would enjoy meeting my sister, pretty, natural blond, drives a Miata and a Shadow. I call before getting in the Atlanta area to verify she is at home. (highway safety improves). I really like Georgia and made the comment just to see how many of you guys would defend her.

And then there is TOYO...we will get to meet in Montrose, then meby get a chuckle at his expense, he seems to have broad shoulders. :yes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts