GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a (new to me) 2013 Goldwing in March of 2019. Recently retired and getting back on the road after a 30 year hiatus and have put 7k miles on my lovely Ladygray!

I am looking into installing some wind deflectors for wind management and in doing a good amount of research, ran across Kuryakyn's Dragon Wings.

Any thoughts on this type of design vs the "regular" designs from the other brands?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome to the Wing World. I have clear Baker wings on mine. I am extremely happy with the difference they made. Maybe The Kuriyakin are as good, but I don't know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
823 Posts
Baker Wings......Much better service and you can buy parts if need be without buying a whole new set like you would have to do if you had Kury.
Kury does not sell parts as noted by many others on this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Baker Built Airwings! The Dragon wings look cool and very sleek, have multiple vents, but don't cover far enough down the fairing to block the hot air from the radiators. A set of mirror wings combined with the lower wing set allows great air management for blocking or providing air to the rider and passenger. The bottom wing of the lower pair actually tips directly in the radiator opening, blocking the warm air when you don't need it. National Cycle makes a good set of airwings as well, and in my opinion has a better system for holding the wings in place since they use a ratcheting washer setup. I'm just not sure about their customer support, of course that's because I've never had to use it (I use their mirror wings combined with the Bakers on the lower). Good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
I keep thinking I am going to switch out my Baker mirror wings for the ratcheting National Cycle one but haven't yet done it. Mirror wings are all I have and have had Tulsa first then Baker maybe some day soon I'll upgrade again. :grin2:

Reactions: MountainRider

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
For me the Baker Mirror wings are all I have. They rally work great for hot and cold weather riding. I have been in all weather conditions except the high humidity of the South East. I have found that for me, the other lower wings too bulky and do not use or need them.

Corventure Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts