GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday was just fantastic day here in SE wis, so I rode my 2012 wing to my local dealer, to see if he had any leftover 2018 GW Tour - Manual shift in the Pearl Hawkeyes Blue... He did not, so I placed my order for the 2019 model. Arriving in March.. Soo Excited :grin2::grin2: don’t think I slept at all last night dreaming of the new arrival.

Anyone know how much the extended warranty cost? Thinking about getting that on this one.

Happy new year all and fun and safe rides to everyone!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Almost 18000 miles on my 2018 Tour, it has been flawless. You will love your new Wing. Enjoying the Wisconsin weather? I put 86 miles on the Wing Friday and 86 miles on my Bonneville Saturday. Best January in Wisconsin ever!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!
You will have lots of decisions to make about which accessories are a must buy, will they be dealer installed, or will you try to tackle it on your own. If you carry a passenger, you will have other choices to be made about comfort and luggage racks.

So, my question for you is:
How did you make the leap from a classic Wing to the very different new Wing? Have you done many test rides, spent many hours mulling it over and over, or just decided to jump in with both feet?

I've never owned a Wing til now, so my choice was pretty easy coming from decades of riding Harleys (and an ST1300).
Jefro.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on the new ride!
You will have lots of decisions to make about which accessories are a must buy, will they be dealer installed, or will you try to tackle it on your own. If you carry a passenger, you will have other choices to be made about comfort and luggage racks.

So, my question for you is:
How did you make the leap from a classic Wing to the very different new Wing? Have you done many test rides, spent many hours mulling it over and over, or just decided to jump in with both feet?

I've never owned a Wing til now, so my choice was pretty easy coming from decades of riding Harleys (and an ST1300).
Jefro.
Well I was really tired of changing the Filement style headlights twice a year and I really wanted something that was lighter and a bit sportier. The new wing fit that pretty well. I also don’t do much two up riding or extensive touring, so the smaller luggage was not a big deal. Liked the Throttle by wire and all of the new electronics/suspension... the list is too long

I think the new model just looks so much sleeker and fun... Time will tell

·
Registered
99 Posts
i saw the 2019 in Black and thought "man that color is awful on the goldwing!" good choice in color, besides white.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Congrats, welcome to the club! (though you have to wait a bit....)

Anyone know how much the extended warranty cost? Thinking about getting that on this one.
It varies from dealer to dealer. When I was shopping around I saw prices between $600 to $900 for the extended warranty. I luckily got it for $550 when I bought my DCT Wing. I got a great price on the bike too so I think I was just in the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I traded my '12 with 40k miles in on an '18 manual in white and there is just no comparison between the 2 bikes! I have about 3,300 miles on the new one and smile every time I ride! Ride safe.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on the new ride! I traded my '12 with 40k miles in on an '18 manual in white and there is just no comparison between the 2 bikes! I have about 3,300 miles on the new one and smile every time I ride! Ride safe.
I am really looking forward to the change. I had 35K on my 2012. But the last 2 years I only put 5K per year. I think was not enjoying the heaviness of the old girl. This new wing should be a lot of fun :wink2:

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
I am really looking forward to the change. I had 35K on my 2012. But the last 2 years I only put 5K per year. I think was not enjoying the heaviness of the old girl. This new wing should be a lot of fun :wink2:

You got that right. :biker:

·
Registered
297 Posts
My average daily mileage is 100. I have had mine 300 days, and have 30,000 miles. I plan on doing better this year. It is a wonderful motorcycle. Joe

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
My average daily mileage is 100. I have had mine 300 days, and have 30,000 miles. I plan on doing better this year. It is a wonderful motorcycle. Joe
wow wow wow :wink2: what tires are you using ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats on a great ride. DCT is the best though... Search on here, there is a dealer in TX where I got my extended < $600.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts