GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have it. New tires installed on the 25th. Had it with the original tires also. Dealer is going to check with Honda about it. Anyone else have it?

·
Registered
19,227 Posts
Nope. Should be warranty

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
I had it and tire swap at rear stabilized my ride.

prs

·
Administrator
4,580 Posts
I would sure like to see someone who has this problem check the tire balance themselves. Not "can't be the balance, (insert name) balanced them so I know they're balanced". Someone who actually CARES if the balance is true. Just seems to me that this problem goes away with new tires and new balance.

But to the best of my memory, no-one has checked the balance, themselves, of both the front & rear before they've changed tires. Anyone? Tell me I'm wrong.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Picked up my new 2019 Wednesday and have 300 miles on it. I noticed a wobble at low speed when you remove hands from the bars slightly. When I checked the air pressure it was at 34. Put 36 and 41 seemed a little better. So i went on a fresh blacktop road(new) pavement and it didn't do it. So i am assuming that the tire could be picking up the imperfections in the old pavement and causing a subtle wobble. Will see what happens.
I like the bike outside of the seat is hurting my low back, so next is a utopia rest like I had on my 2012. Also the mirrors I miss on the 2012. I also notice a little bit of numbness in my throttle hand thumb, index and middle after a 30 minute ride so not sure if it's some vibration or the ergonomics of the bars anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
605 Posts
My hands were getting numb also due to ergos but after installing a set of helibar risers, it disappeared. I also sent my seat to Russel Day long and now it's great. No wobble here after 8500 miles.

·
Love The DCT
12,011 Posts
Picked up my new 2019 Wednesday and have 300 miles on it. I noticed a wobble at low speed when you remove hands from the bars slightly. When I checked the air pressure it was at 34. Put 36 and 41 seemed a little better. So i went on a fresh blacktop road(new) pavement and it didn't do it. So i am assuming that the tire could be picking up the imperfections in the old pavement and causing a subtle wobble. Will see what happens.
I like the bike outside of the seat is hurting my low back, so next is a utopia rest like I had on my 2012. Also the mirrors I miss on the 2012. I also notice a little bit of numbness in my throttle hand thumb, index and middle after a 30 minute ride so not sure if it's some vibration or the ergonomics of the bars anyone have this issue?
No issues with numbness in throttle hand/fingers here.

:doorag:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
For some reason when I am riding a motorcycle I keep at least one hand on the handlebar at all times. I have no issues with vibration in the handlebars; but each rider is different. So far this is the smoothest Goldwing I have owned; but I am only speaking for myself. Riding a Goldwing is like a fingerprint. Each rider will have a different experience.

Reactions: thekid

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a friend mount and balance mine with his professional setup. I watch him balance so I know it’s done right. (I trust him. I’m just saying I saw the balance was there). I run 40-42 both front and rear. He always says I have more center wear and should run specs, but I stay at 40 minimum.

If my pressure goes down to 35-37 at startup, I get a slight wobble until they heat up, but then it goes away. Bring them back to 40 cold and I never get a wobble. I commonly get 14-17000 miles out of tires. Stones front and back. Have used both Stones and Dunlaps. 2004, 08, 12, 16, and now 19000 on my 2018 Tour.

Just my experience. Make sure they are balanced, and keep tire pressure up.

Reactions: raw2210

·
Registered
678 Posts
For some reason when I am riding a motorcycle I keep at least one hand on the handlebar at all times. I have no issues with vibration in the handlebars; but each rider is different. So far this is the smoothest Goldwing I have owned; but I am only speaking for myself. Riding a Goldwing is like a fingerprint. Each rider will have a different experience.
How is the smoothness of the 2018 GL compared to your 1975 Indy?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts