GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 GL1800 and would like to install a drink holder somewhere in the handlebar area ... BUT ... both of the "standard" mount locations (clutch & brake mount screws) are already used used by a ZUMO GPS mount on the left, and a RAM "X" mount cell phone holder on the right. Does anyone out there have any ideas where a drink holder mount could go? I seem to be running out of ideas ..................

·
Registered
883 Posts
I can understand the reason for the Zumo but why in the world do you need a mount for your phone? Put it in a storage pocket or your pocket. A drink holder is more important than the phone.

Reactions: bobbsmith

·
Registered
696 Posts
RAM makes a double ball mount that replaces the lever/master cylinder mounting bolts, one ball on top and one pointing back toward the rider. BTW, I am not a fan of the RAM gimbal style cup holders. Too much movement and can be top heavy. Recommend RAM mount with Butler cup/

Butler has a couple new styles of mounts that could possibly be used in conjunction with the RAM mount.

Switch your GPS over to a dash mount; either the Yoda made one or EZ mount or Electrical Connection mount.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can understand the reason for the Zumo but why in the world do you need a mount for your phone? Put it in a storage pocket or your pocket. A drink holder is more important than the phone.
I am a freelance videographer and use the phone as a video monitor while riding/shooting with my GoPro. It’s very handy being able to see the screen easily & safely. But ... I DO get your point! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RAM makes a double ball mount that replaces the lever/master cylinder mounting bolts, one ball on top and one pointing back toward the rider. BTW, I am not a fan of the RAM gimbal style cup holders. Too much movement and can be top heavy. Recommend RAM mount with Butler cup/

Butler has a couple new styles of mounts that could possibly be used in conjunction with the RAM mount.

Switch your GPS over to a dash mount; either the Yoda made one or EZ mount or Electrical Connection mount.
Thanx 4 the tips! ;-)

·
Registered
883 Posts
If you go to this Dash Mount by Yoda:
You can put your drink holder on the clutch handle and keep your phone mount.
IMG_20200427_105427854.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts