GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does everybody use the butler drink holder?? Or is their something better or at least less obtrusive and works. I can't find one I like or at least looks good. Kuryakyn has one but it is for 1 inch round bars.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I use the Buttler cup with a RAM mount. It works great.

Hector

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have a ram mount, but how does the Butler go on it?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I use the Buttler cup with a RAM mount. Joel, I tell you tomorrow how I have it mounted. JoeA

·
Registered
630 Posts
Butler cup here. Ugly but works great.

·
Banned
2,618 Posts
Ric, I too am looking for a solution. Wish there were some more alternatives to the ones listed above. I might have to go with the Butler. Let me know if you find some different or newer gadget that works well.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Thanks Joe.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had one of those fold up ones -- still probably have it in a box in the garage someplace -- now have Butler.

Someone told me sooner or later you'll buy a Butler and they were right.

my .03

$22 bucks -- you can have mine for $15

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
It does fold right up and that is the only good thing about the one I had before I threw it in the trash. It was real close to worthless. A water bottle would fall out of it. It bounced and shook so bad I was constantly having to mess with it. The 'prongs' would not stay tight against any type of cup or mug I used and a heavy mug seemed like it was about to break the junky plastic POS off. This was my experience. I also tried a "basket" type cup holder like you would use on a boat with marginal success. I could have just bought a Butler to start with for what I paid for other options that didn't work. Ugly? No worse than the GPS. It's a mug. On a mount. How pretty is it supposed to be?

·
Registered
687 Posts
cup holder

I had one of those fold up ones -- still probably have it in a box in the garage someplace -- now have Butler.

my .03

The fold up cup holders are just plain crap. I had a butler and as ugly as they are, they arre completely funcitonal and buy the 34 oz mug if you do it for the real hot days. I havea Kury setup on this bike since it came that away and the mug matched the bike so it looks good but in reality the Butler is the best one for the job.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The fold up cup holders are just plain crap. I had a butler and as ugly as they are, they arre completely funcitonal and buy the 34 oz mug if you do it for the real hot days. I havea Kury setup on this bike since it came that away and the mug matched the bike so it looks good but in reality the Butler is the best one for the job.
Gee...I kinda like mine...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chuck
I had that type of mount on my boat, they are too fragile for me, I was breaking them all the time, you can get one at a boat place for about 7 bucks. I have been looking at a "cruiser caddy" but havent seen much literature on it. I am a hands on type guy and want to pick the thing up and hold it and feel it. My suction cup mount works good, but I want something better, I may end up with a butler but which one the 20 ounze or 34 ounce or buy the 20 and order a new compression ring and 34 cup from butler so I would have both. Heck I have even looked at camel paks that would fit the passenger seat, found the paks but not that would fit the seat, but I am still toying with ideas on that.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Butler wins hands down in my book!!!

·
Trained Killer Member
1,533 Posts
Butler wins hands down in my book!!!

my .03

I, too,, didn't care for the looks of the Butler but dayum I'm glad I got them! The ice stays ice for HOURS! The 32 oz. is the only way to go. When not in use, just fold the arm down and viola!...not obtrusive at all. Trust me, I'm all about aesthetics, but the functionality of the Butler made me compromise. :roll:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts