GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a Drive off center stand and when I went to climb on...it tipped about 5* to 7*!!:eek:4: It does it on both sides! Is this because of my CT? Is there DS'er out there using or have used a ride off stand?

This question is for Darksiders only. If you have a MT...please withhold from comments. :roll::nojoke:

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Try lowering your rear shock preload to zero and see how it does.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a ALPIN and am using a ride off stand. I have not had the situation you are describing and have had the CT on it for awhile.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I be;eive my prelad is on 1. Did not think to move it. If I get a chase this morning I will check it. Thanks

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Additional question - what size tire are you using? Standard DS is 195-55-16. If you are using a higher profile tire, that may be your issue.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Additional question - what size tire are you using? Standard DS is 195-55-16. If you are using a higher profile tire, that may be your issue.
It's an Alpin 195-55-16. I tried the preload......it had no effect...still shifts!?

Also...not sure if this matters...but I also rebuild forks and set tubes flush with tops of tree. They are Traxxion springs......do you think the 10mm (or lack of) offset may have something to do with it?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
It's an Alpin 195-55-16. I tried the preload......it had no effect...still shifts!?

Also...not sure if this matters...but I also rebuild forks and set tubes flush with tops of tree. They are Traxxion springs......do you think the 10mm (or lack of) offset may have something to do with it?
Raising the front forks will cause the front end to lower a bit and the rear to rise.

Are you sure that the surface you parked on is perfectly level? Perhaps the center stand is in a slightly depressed area in comparison to the rear and front tires. This would result in the rear wheel not being lifted as much.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Raising the front forks will cause the front end to lower a bit and the rear to rise.

Are you sure that the surface you parked on is perfectly level? Perhaps the center stand is in a slightly depressed area in comparison to the rear and front tires. This would result in the rear wheel not being lifted as much.
It is in my garage...I have concrete floors. Now it may be straddled across to differant slabs ( where they saw the concrete to keep them from cracking). I will check it and see if it is an issue. Thanks

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Traxxion will raise the front end, which will have the overall effect of lifting the bike up in regards to the center stand. There have been posts in the past where people raised the fork tubes 10mm to offset the increased front end lift, without sacrificing the improvement of the traxxion.

So that may be the cause of your symptoms. I'll let some more knowledgeable folks with Traxxion setups chime in.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Traxxion will raise the front end, which will have the overall effect of lifting the bike up in regards to the center stand. There have been posts in the past where people raised the fork tubes 10mm to offset the increased front end lift, without sacrificing the improvement of the traxxion.

So that may be the cause of your symptoms. I'll let some more knowledgeable folks with Traxxion setups chime in.
Thanks...I was thinking in that direction too. :bow:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Thanks...I was thinking in that direction too. :bow:
I have a Traxxion front-end and do run them slipped up in the triple by 10mm. I don't have a ride-off stand though so I didn't notice any difference with respect to center stand usage. It isn't difficult to do and would help raise the rear a bit when on the center stand. I just don't know by how much and if it'll help you or not. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a Traxxion front-end and do run them slipped up in the triple by 10mm. I don't have a ride-off stand though so I didn't notice any difference with respect to center stand usage. It isn't difficult to do and would help raise the rear a bit when on the center stand. I just don't know by how much and if it'll help you or not. :shrug:
So I moved the forks to Traxxion spec (10mm) and found it to be much better...but not there yet. Still is unstable when mounting from either stand. Pre-load assist is set to 6. I will try dropping it tonight to 1 or 2 and see if that helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts