GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that has a 95 goldwing and has a drive on ride off center stand. Does anyone know where to find one of these. I have an 07 and would really like one. He does not have to get off the bike to pack on to the center stand. Now his tires all touch the ground. If he wants them up off the ground he lays down a 1x4.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanky very much. This is just what I have been looking for.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Do use one, and you really have to be careful if using on the bike. A big person may have less issue. Dropped mine in the garage because of the smooth cement ! Once the bike starts going backwards, you will not be able to catch it if the stand slips. On normal rough concreate or asphalt, have not had any issues. Adding the triaxxion springs, I may switch back to the stock stand. It is a 50/50 experience for me. Cannot say a sure "go or no go", about it over all. Has its pros and cons.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Center Stand

I always wanted something different than the stock center stand until a mechanic showed me how to do it. Before that I absolutely could not get the bike up. Now it's easy! I raised it several times at the shop with no problems. By the way BMW has a motorized center stand. Might want to talk to them about issues.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Speaking of the center stand ... I'm able to get it up on the center stand fairly easily. I can muscle it down off the center stand, but not gracefully. What am I missing here ... what's the easiest way to get the bike off the center stand?

Confession -- I'm a Wing Newbie.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[/quote]If I stand beside it, I put the side stand down, and just pull on the passenger handle while holding the left handlebar and just pull forward and it comes off and settles down on the side stand.[/quote]

Me too.

Trev.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts