GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bridgestone Driveguard tire I ordered just arrived. The two tire sides are labeled Inside and Outside. When mounting the tire, does it matter which way it goes on? I.e., should Outside be on left or right side of the bike?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Always speak from the operator’s position. Inside goes to the right side of the bike. It will have the same orientation as if it was on a vehicle. There is a difference or it would not be on there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
644 Posts
Always speak from the operator’s position. Inside goes to the right side of the bike. It will have the same orientation as if it was on a vehicle. There is a difference or it would not be on there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
--

That's a silly statement. You're suggesting if it's on the equivalent to the left side of the car, that's correct. But what if the owner wants a new tire on the right side of his car? Then he would have it wrong by your statement.

In fact the difference is the manufacturer believes that the stress on the treads would be better with certain sipes and channels on the outside of the car. Stress on one side if turning left, the stress outside the opposite if turning right.

On a bike it doesn't matter as we theoretically turn either left or right equally. Besides we don't stress the tire the same way a car does.

--

·
IronMan
17,102 Posts
always speak from the operator’s position. Inside goes to the right side of the bike. It will have the same orientation as if it was on a vehicle. There is a difference or it would not be on there.

Sent from my ipad using tapatalk
"not true " !!!!!!! Tires are for cars. Been told reason what side / direction is because they direct water away from vehicle ( towards outside ) on a single wheeled motorcycle doesnt matter !!! No outside ! Also one side of tire is a tiny bit larger for that same reason . Driveguard is great tire also cause sidewall handles heat better. Think tire guy said sidewalls made with kevlar.

·
IronMan
17,102 Posts
Call the manufacturer and get the straight skinny and don't rely on two guys who want to argue.
THAT IS THE
STRAIGHT SKINNY ! NO ARGUMENT HERE !:serious:>:)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
The thread did make a run & now it’s over . . . the Driveguard can be mounted EITHER way! It makes no difference! :kiss:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts