GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone no the most comforable back rest for the stock seat, I am still trying to decide for my 02 ? thanks. John
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Definately Utopia...unless you have long legs and switch to a Diamond Seat. Then you will have a useless Utiopia to sell at a loss. Don't ask me how I know.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
837 Posts
There are several good backrest out there, but I think you'll find that the majority of us prefer the Utopia. It's costly, but worth it. It's very comfortable.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that you consider..... UTOPIA

Merry Christmas :lol:

Paul

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
every where ppl say Utopia.

My concern is the passenger and if the back rest is in the way of the passenger. This would apply to any back rest.

I could use a back rest due to my back history.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just rechecked with my passenger and she stated the Utopia backrest was not in her way, nor did it in anyway detract from the pleasure of riding the Wing. I found it very comfortable and significantly reduced back strain on long, long rides.

A high quality product that is easy to install. Can't go wrong with Utopia.

·
Registered
113 Posts
back rest

I have the Utopia with the quick-out post. You can remove the backrest anytime you want. There is a valcro cover that covers the post hole. After riding with the backrest I have never removed it. :yes:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Tony in AZ said:
every where ppl say Utopia.

My concern is the passenger and if the back rest is in the way of the passenger. This would apply to any back rest.

I could use a back rest due to my back history.
Tony, Susan doesn't have any trouble with the Utopia backrest at all. It folds down far enough that she doesn't have any trouble getting on or off the bike, and it doesn't take away any of her room back there.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Being fairly new to this GW, I bought the Khrome Works. Love it and would consider the utopia only after sitting on one first. Still have not come across any locals with a Utopia. Twice the price, but no hole in my seat. It is a hard decision, but one not reversable with $$$. Had an backrest with the adjustable tubes on a bike in the past, I found it to flexable. The Kromeworks is solid and designed WELL. Hard choice, best of luck. Ride one if possible first. Merry Christmas.

G

·
0 Posts
I really love my KromeWerks. I've had this on my last 3 GoldWings and who knows how many miles. Really provides a lot of support and I really like the way it looks.
JMHO

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Alternative

I also have the chromeworks backrest. It adds a little chrome and does fold forward for the passenger getting on etc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Utopia

thanks a lot I will have to see now if I can get one from e-bay.thanks john

·
Registered
21 Posts
Back Rest

Both my wife and I love our Utopia backrest. It has been fantastic for me and because it has no attachment gear that runs to the side of the seat, it has no way of interferring with my wifes seating position and legs. The pocket on the back provides a storage spot for my wifes digital camera that she uses to get trip photos along the way. I have a friend who now wishes he would have purchased the Utopia.

Cory
02 Pearl Orange

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I went with the KromeWerks, because I didn't want to cut my brand new seat. Now I've had it on two wings, & wouldn't want anything else. Very comfortable, has three positions to adjust, & adds a little extra chrome on the side. Some say you can't have passenger armrest with the KromeWerks, but they are wrong. The picture below shows otherwise.

http://www.angelfire.com/in4/wingnut

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had the Utopia on my Venture and liked it just fine. I opted for the kromeworks on my 1800 for 2 reasons. Didn't want to cut the seat and didn't feel like leaving another backrest with the bike when I trade it in. The kromeworks is a excellent fit for both me and my wife. I rate it on par with the utopia.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts