GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of putting a set of floor boards with heel toe shifter on my bike but I am not sure if I would like the feel of them, Like to hear from those who have them or have removed them because they just did not feel right. Pros and cons, thanks :eek:4:

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have the Kury ISO-Wings with Heal-Toe shifter..... love it!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Loaded question........

Depends on you. If you have big feet , you will not like them.
If you are short , you will not like them as they will hit your legs.
You have to learn to flip the left one up to put the side stand down.

Otherwise they are great. More comfort, more foot positions, etc.

Oh they will cause your bike to self destruct and your transmission to blow up. NOT.

·
Registered
237 Posts
shifter

I have the "kurys" and love them. I wear a size 14 boot and have plenty of room, there is an extension you can buy for the heel part that adjusts and gives you more room for your foot, works great. JMHO!!!:thumbup: Check out the kuryaykn site for more info.:p

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
When I bought my trike they were the first thing I removed. I am 6'2'' and upshifting was a real pain. My legs were at such an angle that I could not upshift without pointing my toes out with my heal on the rear portion of the shifter. Many like them but they were not for me.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have been thinking of putting a set of floor boards with heel toe shifter on my bike but I am not sure if I would like the feel of them, Like to hear from those who have them or have removed them because they just did not feel right. Pros and cons, thanks :eek:4:
put them on 2 years ago and never thought about taking them off
they are great.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My Wing had them on when I bought it. Initially had a problem with the toe shifter portion breaking on one of our first rides. But no problem since and Kury replaced the broken shifter and board for free.

They take a little getting used to if you have longer legs because they're more under you than boards on a cruiser. Spend most of my riding time with my feet on the highway pegs so that's not really a big deal. And I've got in the habit of hanging the front half of my feet off the front outside of each board which isn't an uncomfortable position when I need to stay closer to the shifter and brakes. Ymmv

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Loaded question........

Depends on you. If you have big feet , you will not like them.
If you are short , you will not like them as they will hit your legs.
You have to learn to flip the left one up to put the side stand down.

Otherwise they are great. More comfort, more foot positions, etc.

Oh they will cause your bike to self destruct and your transmission to blow up. NOT.
:agree: Tried a set for couple days .Ended returning them to the dealer.....My other bikes all had floor boards and I loved them..But they all had more forward controls...

·
Registered
698 Posts
My previous cruiser style bike had floor boards. I loved them. As soon as I got me GL1800 I put boards on. Took them off within days. Ergonomics were all wrong for me. Never looked back. No boards and no issues.

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
I think it may be just a "personal preference" thing. A friend of mine had them installed on his Goldwing, so I took his Wing for a ride just to see if I would like them. Seemed to put my foot in an odd position. I've had heal/toe shifters on other bikes and liked them. Not sure why they felt funny to me on the Goldwing. Glad I had an accomodating friend that let me try them out before I bought them. Like I said...I think it's just personal preference.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Takes a little getting used to. Not sure I would get them again. I like the floorboards but waiting for the heel/toe shifter to grow on me.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am 6-2 and wear a 13-14 shoe and I just did not have room left for me feet... I had the Rivco boards and shifter had to remove them.. Found one of the older kick shifters around and used it with stock pegs but again, WAY to cramped so off it went

Mark

·
Registered
994 Posts
Got 'em

Use 'em, like 'em... All my 'Wings have had boards/shifter of some kind. Just a matter of getting use to them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts