GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of putting on driver floorboards W/ heel toe shift. What you all think. Would like to see some pic

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had Küryakyn floorboards installed last year at Sturgis. Love them. Instalation only took about 10 minutes, understand he had done a 'few' before. Makes the bike a lot more comfortable for me. Those along with the Küryakyn highway boards are the setup which gives me the most comfortable ride.

I would go out and take a pic but it is too damm cold here! Pics all over.

·
Registered
76 Posts
RE: Floor Boards

I got the Kury floor boards on my 07 and love them. I am 5'10 and it gives me a good sitting position.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I've got the MC Enterprise boards. Much more comfortable than pegs to me. The only problem I see is if you have a foot larger than about a size 10, it's too tight. Takes a little getting use to if you've never had them on a bike but they are one of the first things I add.

One other thing, you will scrape them before the pegs. Got to learn to let them fold as you lean.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I too have the Küryakyn Floor Boards with heel-toe shifter, had them installed by the dealer when I bought the bike. They really dress up the bike and is far more comfortable than the pegs. I am 5'-8" and have a bit of a problem reaching around them when I come to a stop, just something I will have to get use to. I am seriously thinking about having the seat lowered by about an inch or two.

2007 Titanium

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Love mine. They make it difficult to remove the left engine cover, but they are very comfortable.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I had floorboards on previous Wings, but don't think I'd use them on an 1800 because of cornering. I still plan to get a heel-toe shifter someday, though, and just use it with my current peg.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I bought a pair of MC boards, but they were butt ugly and of poor finish. I returned them and spent the extra coin for the Rivco boards. They have been on the bike for about 3 years, and they still look like new. The chrome is flawless, and workmanship is better than any Kury product I've seen or bought. I did have one rubber heel pad fall off the brake perch, but a quick call to Holly at Rivco had a replacement part along with the adhesive on my door step in no time...free of cost including shipping. You can't ask for better than that.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I have the KURY setup on my trike, which of course I have no scraping problems :D ....

I like them a lot, reminds me of the HD setup, although I wish my feet were just a little further forward.....

The heal shifter takes some getting used to after using the Harley floorboards...

All in all, I would do it again....have several friends that have just the shifter and the KURY pegs, they like that setup also....

Choices, choices....... :wink: :wink:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
I personally would never run any kind of boards. They're made with the single purpose of long distance riding comfort for the Superslab cruisin crowd (not a bad thing)and reduce cornering clearances (for me a dealbreaker). Their design goes against my paticular riding style and preferences but to each his own.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
If you like to ride with spirit in the corners, skip them. Before long, I'll be able to cut paper with mine.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have had the Rivco set up for 4 or 5 years. I like them quite a bit, and they have held up perfectly.
Anyone know which set has the most foot room??

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Falcon Wing said:
I have had the Rivco set up for 4 or 5 years. I like them quite a bit, and they have held up perfectly.
Anyone know which set has the most foot room??
I had the Rivcos on my 03, and while I liked them, I like the Kurys on my 07 better. The Rivcos are wider, and scrape earlier than the Kurys, and the Rivcos don't give, or fold up as easy when scraping, which does get dangerous.

I also removed the "feelers" from the underside of my Kurys. Gives an extra quarter inch or so of clearance. The heel and toe part of the Kurys is a little longer, so there's a little more room lengthwise with them.

Looks wise, the Rivcos were a little too flashy for me. Overall, I like the Kurys much better, and they're a little less money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts