GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
21,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone knows what the last version release for Shane Stump's Drivers Log program was.

I have version 3.18 loaded, is there a newer one out, and if so where can I get it?

I really like this program and use it alot to track my travel expenses.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have 3.19.

I heard once that DL can be loaded on a thumb drive or CD drive to allow portability between computers, but when I tried to load it on a thumb drive a day or so, it didn't work. Any ideas?

I'm kind of gun shy (again) on hard drives because my laptop crashed HARD and I lost virtually everything. After paying the Geek Squad $100, the only data they could save was data I didn't need. Thank God for Shane's automatical back-up utility! :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have 3.19, run it on a home network. The database is stored on my desktop system, and when I run it there, it is backed up on a network storage drive. Since it runs properly on my network, I really like it. Some earlier versions did not operate properly across a network.

I think this is the most up-to-date version out there. Shane is apparetnly working on other projects, and does not have the time to devote to something like this, for which his reward was probably quite small.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I have 3.19 also. I had to replace the hard drive on my Notebook three weeks ago, and I use a USB drive to keep some important data files on, like the Driver's Log .abd file and the Key to use DL. I went to Shanes site and reloaded DL, then put the Key, and abd files back on and it is working perfect.
I'm thinking about one of those mirror drives for a backup.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm curious to know if anyone is running the program on a pda? Specifically a Windows and not a Palm device...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Latest version of DL is 3.19 beta version #2. I have had 3.20 in the works for a while but I have been EXTREMELY busy working on a reservation system for my future income (so time on DL is quite small).

Any how, latest version of DL can be downloaded from link below:

http://www.stumpware.com/DriversLogSetu ... 2_Full.exe

BTW, the only reason I kept DL 3.19 in beta was because I didn't update the help file (just the history file).

Best Regards,

Shane

1 - 6 of 6 Posts