GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Big Bike Parts driving lights kit on my 2002 wing. No problems with instillation and they worked great. After a couple of months I noticed they were not working. Lighted switch is lit. Checked bulbs and they are good but I am not getting power to the lights. Checked fuses in the main box and can not find a bad fuse. Are there any fuses for the driving lights located anywhere elso on the bike? Relay seems to be working but may replace it if I can find one. Relay is marked SJC, G52-604, 12V 10A NC. O'rileys could not cross it over.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm sure you checked it, but you're not trying them with the main full beam on are you? Don't know about yours but my fog/driving lights switch off when I put full beam on. I've always assumed that's normal???

Regards,

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
I'd check the relay out. I don't know about Big Bike lights but E.C. versions give you different three options: 1.On with low beams only. 2. On with high beam only. 3. On with either high or low beams. I want mine on continuously so guess which option I picked?? Why? that 55 watts of visibility is very important. Terry

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread a little but could you please tell me how the EC lights are configured for different operation modes. I have the Big Bike Parts lights and don't see anything about configuring them for different modes of opperation. As it is, they only work on low beam.

Many thanks,

·
Registered
700 Posts
The switch has probably failed....the light in the switch can work even when the lights do not. If you have a voltmeter, check the output on the brown wire when the switch is engaged....should be 12 volts. If not, your switch needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
36 Posts
EC has a reconfiguration harness which will save you having to replace switches. I had to replace 3 switches on by 03 - then went with EC harness and had no more problems. You can also configure it to have lights on both hi and low beam
ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts