GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are mods to make the brake lights on the trunk act as turn signals but is there a mod to make driving / running lights flash with front turn signals. I'm not sure of the legality of this - I do have yellow light covers installed.

·
Registered
342 Posts
First thought says they might be too low to be noticed at close range(under 100 feet).

Also the bulbs used in the lamps might not take a lot of cycling like the blinkers do.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can't speak on legality or bulb life or a plug'n play set up. But it should pretty easy to do. Just run each fog light bulb's power through the 'normally closed' side of a relay and use the blinker circuit to activate the relay...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I can't speak on legality or bulb life or a plug'n play set up. But it should pretty easy to do. Just run each fog light bulb's power through the 'normally closed' side of a relay and use the blinker circuit to activate the relay...
First, I am not a mechanic. So ask a qualified guy the question.

I think turn signal bulbs are dual filament.
Additionally the last time I checked turn signal voltage with a muti-meter on my truck I thought
the voltage was in the 1 ish volt range for the blinker and not the 12 ish. for a full time light.

Again ask a qualified guy. I only throw out my .02c because I think it might be a little more complicated than running the fog lights power through a relay.

RJ

·
Registered
239 Posts
I know there are mods to make the brake lights on the trunk act as turn signals but is there a mod to make driving / running lights flash with front turn signals. I'm not sure of the legality of this - I do have yellow light covers installed.
I will add to my prior post, I like this idea.

RJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts