GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been really pleased with the Platinum Series driving lights. Like most, though, the covers supplied with these were not going on my bike. I sprang for the Hondaline. After reading about the yellow or amber filters being more noticeable I came up with a test by adding one of the amber lenses to the inside of the Hondaline cover; one hole and a stainless machine screw through both. As the photo indicates the white light is slightly brighter than the amber. I'll try this combination for a while and get some observations from other riders.

[/url]

I

·
0 Posts
boatdrvrpro said:
I've been really pleased with the Platinum Series driving lights. Like most, though, the covers supplied with these were not going on my bike. I sprang for the Hondaline. After reading about the yellow or amber filters being more noticeable I came up with a test by adding one of the amber lenses to the inside of the Hondaline cover; one hole and a stainless machine screw through both. As the photo indicates the white light is slightly brighter than the amber. I'll try this combination for a while and get some observations from other riders.

[/url]
"Brighter" doesn't necessarily mean more visible.... for lots of reasons. Procede accordingly with your tests.

Ride safe.

F

·
0 Posts
Do you have a mounting pic of the Hondaline covers, showing the side toward the inside of the lower cowl? I had the yellow covers on previously (I have EC lights), but the clear piece they were mounted to warped from heat. When I replaced my lower cowl, I did not drill new holes because I was considering the setup you have...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No picture handy; the inside has two fasteners like the outside. The screw tightens a plate in the rubber and expands it to stay snug in the hole (about 9/16"). The whole protector mounts about 1/8" off the lower cowl. I used a foam tape as a spacer to mark the hole centers before drilling. Measure twice, etc......
These covers come off easy for cleaning, too.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
The Wife and I run CeeBaily's headlight covers, one dark amber, one clear... It makes the bike REALLY visible and the high beam at night seems to add some contrast to the suroundings, especially in bad weather.. Of course it's most likely illegal in some states..
Her bike has ONE amber cover on the foglights too because the EC cover on the other side was popping out like you show in your pics!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts