GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, been lurking around the site for a couple of months absorbing all the good info posted here. Just bought a 03 wing and would like to add EC driving lights. Can anyone tell me which (clear,ion,super,hyper) matches head light. Don't wont to get stopped for no reason by one of these Jawja high sheriffs.
Gary

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I choes the Ion's because they show a yellowish color,that is different from the headlights.I figured they would be a little more distinghishible to oncoming traffic,plus they do better in the fog.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
The clear set matches the color of the headlamps (standard halogen). These are the ones I used.

The ion set throws a yellowish beam, like fog lights.

The hyper throws a pure white/bluish beam, like HID style.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
The color choice is definitely a personal one, but I've been extremely happy with the Ion and was impressed with the difference it provided in the visual lighting of the area just ahead of the bike at night. I also feel the yellowish tint it gives off is different enough to really catch the attention of oncoming and nearby traffic, which to me is a great safety factor.

DaleC

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the info. I should also asked where the cheapest place to purchase them.

mo'mac

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the info. I should also asked where the cheapest place to purchase them.

mo'mac

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
momac said:

mo'mac
Buy 'em direct from Electrical Connection. Lewis (Mr. E.C.) is a great guy. If anyone has them in stock, he will... (or be able to tell you when they'll be available).

Or buy them from Honda Direct Line and get free shipping... and buy a few other goodies while you're at it...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Driving Lights

Ec's products do what they claim they will do. I bought them.
Sometime later I bought and installed Moto LIghts for my 1800 and Valkyrie. These are THE light , IMHO.
Good Luck,
Morpheus :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
running lights

Hi,

I'm new to this board so I'll try my first response. I'm currently looking at running lights for my 1800. Found some from a website vpaccessories.com/1800html. They are only 89.95. Sounds kinda cheap. Anybody out there know anything about them. Appreciate any help there. :roll:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have an o4 and I just installed a set of the EC Platinum series lights. They are made for the 1800 and they come with an on/off switch identical to the hondaline lights. They also include clear and yellow lens guards and a spare bulb. The beam is a wide flat beam that is brighter than the headlights. The beam color is bright white. If you adjust them correctly you wont get highbeamed by other drivers but they will defintely see you coming.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Speaking of spare bulbs....My '02 came with a set of Honda OEM fog lights installed. These look like I will need to replace the whole unit if I get a burnout, but I can't find them anywhere.
Who sell them, and can I get driving lights instead of fog light lenses??? :?
As always, thanks to all for the great info :bow:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts