GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004.
What are some of the better options for driving lights?
I've looked at the EC lights but not much else.

Dan

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have the SoCalMotoGear driving lights and they match my EC headlights perfectly.

·
Vendor
15,852 Posts
Check SoCal ... I install there stuff all the time. Be sure to aim them after they are installed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wonderful navigator / speed controller / riding partner ordered a set from socalmotogear for an early valentine's present.
She's the best.

Now I wonder if I can talk her into installing them ???

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yes, the OEM or aftermarket halogen foglights just 12-14" off of the ground only illuminate 10-15 feet in front of you but down low.

Auxilliary driving lights are in my future. Thinking of adding some LED driving lights with these driving light mounting brackets:

SoCalMotoGear light brackets - GL18BR-4.jpg

Then some really nice LED 3" cubes that can light up the ditch and fill in some shadows 40+ feet down range.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
I have a 2004.
What are some of the better options for driving lights?
I've looked at the EC lights but not much else.

Dan
The best brightest and least expensive are hids about 60 bucks. You will be extremely happy with hids 6000 color. A dark rainy night no problem. You will need to raise your squelch a little on your cb if you have one .

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I went with the Denali driving lights and mounted them under the mirrors. They have a lo-high-and modulating lo beam you can activate via the Neutrino circuit box. Love em!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the box came ups today.
Pathfinder LED's from SoCalMotoGear.
Look pretty sweet.

Trying to get a hall pass from SWMBO for this weekend. I'd like to get these installed and do the rear shock reservoir top off Saturday.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Look into Clearwater. Clearwater Lights LED Motorcycle Lights and Off-road Vehicle The headlights are turned off during the day. The fog lights, directional lights, and the clearwaters on low are plenty of heads up to others. At night, at full setting, along with the headlights, the road is really lit up.

\\\

·
Registered
58 Posts
Look into Clearwater. Clearwater Lights LED Motorcycle Lights and Off-road Vehicle The headlights are turned off during the day. The fog lights, directional lights, and the clearwaters on low are plenty of heads up to others. At night, at full setting, along with the headlights, the road is really lit up.

\\\
I know I'm going to get some "hate mail" on this one. Had So-Cal on my 2012, Lo, High and Fog. I was getting ready to do the 4 corners of USA, and asked So-Cal's rep if I needed to be concerned about the bulbs. The lights were around 6 month old. He recommended to purchase spare Lo beam bulbs. After spending over $500 on their product now I have to purchase spared.?? I fixed that problem, I purchased a 2018 DTC, as I was taking delivery of the new bike another 2012 Wing pulled in and I noticed one of his Low beams was burned out. It turns out it was a So-Cal purchased 1 year ago. In the past I've always purchased the HONDA fog light and never had a problem. I know the S0-Cal are WAY BRIGHTER, but who wanter to be on a long ride and have problems. Isn't that way we ride WINGS to be trouble FREE.

·
Registered
773 Posts
So you asked a sales guy if you needed to buy anything, and he said yes? ;)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have Clearwaters, the Sevina / Erica combo, very adjustable and can use as running light or x-ray machine when needed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I got the lights installed today and I think I'm going to like them.
As a bonus, I discovered a way to deal with that pesky sticky hazard light switch. While I had the panel off to install the fog light switch, I thought what a great time to clean up the hazard light switch.
Of course I lost the tiny spring, so I just taped up the end of the wires and stuffed them into the shelter. I moved the blank that was in the panel where the fog light switch goes over to the spot where the hazard switch used to live.
Problem solved. No more sticky hazard switch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts