GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, how do you northerners handle it, I couldn't find chains for the wing and driving in this morning was a nightmare. Took me an hour to drive 10 miles. If the ice is still here tomorrow I'm driving the truck!!

· Registered
4,372 Posts
On school days the ice is treated by the road crews pretty quickly, but on weekends they don't seem to care as much. When the possibilty of ice exists the wing is parked~~you don't get any "sympathy" points crashing a bike on ice! North or south~~NO POINTS!

· Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hell I'm going to go into the DT's. I only drive the truck when the wing is broke or I have to haul some crap to or from work..

· Registered
900 Posts
Don't ask about my "Ice Capades" last Monday when trying to get my 'Wing out of the ice covered alley...

:-(

:x

Fortunately, the 'Wing is pretty easy to pick up... (Even four or five or six times...)

I had to car pool yesterday - and - today... Fortunately, in Baltimore, the snow/sleet/ice never stays around for too long...

· Registered
3,303 Posts
I keep it off the road, why chance it. Secondly the salt on the roads need to be cleaned off with the rain before the bike goes out

· Registered
15 Posts
When I was a kid growing up in Northern NJ we would take our motorcycles out on the frozen over lakes and race each other. Maybe not the smartest thing to do, but lets face it kids don't always stop to think of the consequences of their actions. Lots of bruises and broken MC parts. :oops:

· Registered
24,623 Posts
There aren't that many ice-friendly 2-wheelers but when I was a grade school kid, I thought my Cushman Eagle was. Rode it regard less of the weather and thought ice/snow was great fun. It was, of course, virtually indestructible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.