GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GL audio system has developed an odd problem. I use an Edset adapter to connect my custom molded earbud speakers into the audio system. In a 400 mile ride today the left earbud speaker suddenly dropped "off line" four times. There was no snap, crackle or pop the sound just disappears. However, when the sound returned it just kinda fades back in to normal volume. I have already had one Edset adapter go south and I suppose it could be happening again. The only trouble shooting I could do was to "jiggle" the earbug male plug and when I moved it I would lose the right speaker but pickup a weak, but hearable, left right speaker.

Anyone have a hint as to how a "non-electronics" type guy can do futher troubleshooting to narrow down the source of the problem?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I've experienced something somewhat similar when there's a problem with the ear buds. It seems it's a bad wire usually, close to the pin connector.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
My GL audio system has developed an odd problem. I use an Edset adapter to connect my custom molded earbud speakers into the audio system. In a 400 mile ride today the left earbud speaker suddenly dropped "off line" four times. There was no snap, crackle or pop the sound just disappears. However, when the sound returned it just kinda fades back in to normal volume. I have already had one Edset adapter go south and I suppose it could be happening again. The only trouble shooting I could do was to "jiggle" the earbug male plug and when I moved it I would lose the right speaker but pickup a weak, but hearable, left right speaker.

Anyone have a hint as to how a "non-electronics" type guy can do futher troubleshooting to narrow down the source of the problem?
Have you tested the ear bud on an iPod or similar plug them in and give the cable a wiggle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts