GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have a Doran TPMS unit and need to set the low air set pressure, I run 38psi in the front and 32psi in the back (RF tire) so what should I set the LOW psi at for the front? and Rear ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
pressure

I run a BT45 on front at 41Lbs and set my Doran at 38 to come on and the rear I run 32Lbs also and set mine at 29Lbs. Idon't want them to get to low on air as I would like even tire wear. I know som people run even lower pressure than 29Lbs but I like the feel of 30-32Lbs , and I really don't want pressure lower. You can pretty much set Doran for whatever you want , I believe they recommend 5% below your normal pressure, Ray

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I now have a Doran TPMS unit and need to set the low air set pressure, I run 38psi in the front and 32psi in the back (RF tire) so what should I set the LOW psi at for the front? and Rear ?
On the Doran, you don't set the Low tire pressure. You set your target tire pressure and the system will alert you when the tire pressure is below 12.5% (first stage is 12.5% and the second stage is 25%) of that number. So set you Doran to 38 on the front and 32 on the rear.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it comes preset for loss of air at two set points right? Are these set points changeable ?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
So it comes preset for loss of air at two set points right? Are these set points changeable ?
The two stages of warnings are not adjustable. The first stage will occur when the pressure drops 12.5% below the pressure you set as the "target" (the pressure you want the tires to be at). The 2nd stage occurs at 25%. The warnings are to alert you to a significant drop in tire pressure, not to alert you to a small 1-2 lb change (which can easily occur with just a change in air temperature through out the day).

So in your case, 12.5% pressure drop from 38lbs on the front would be a pressure of ~33-32lbs. When your front tire reaches that point, the monitor will sound the alarm AND the low pressure light will flash red at a cycle of 1 time every second. If your front tire drops to below ~28-27lbs, the monitor will quicken the flashing of the red light to 2 times every second. The system also alert you to a "fast leak" as well as a loss of signal from the wheel sensor. Make sure you are familiar with the system so you know what it is telling you should it alert you.

This is all explained in the user manual (section III from page 10-12). You can find a PDF version of the user manual on Doran's website at the following link:
http://www.doranmfg.com/PDF/Doran_360M_3600M2__User_Manual_-_4-9-09.pdf

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much :lol: set and ready to go :biker:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts