GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to Brad a Honda sales manager this week while he was checking out a customers 1500 Goldwing long wheel base trike.

I ask Brad on a new conversion trike Goldwing, what about Honda's warranty?

He said it ends right there with the trike.

So now know I know why some will ride it on two wheels until the warranty expiries, then go a head with the trike................duh..........:roll:

Makes sense.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does the dealer you talked to sell trikes or install trike kits?

Actually, it depends on the dealer. I have asked the local dealers here and they all have said that "Honda does not know that the bike has been triked" so the warranty is still good as long as you purchase the trike or trike kit from the dealer. I know that is between Honda and the dealer. Basically, what the dealer is saying is that "What Honda doesn't know won't hurt them".

All of the dealers here sell trikes and also sell the Honda extended warranties with them. I am sure that if something was wrong with the "trike parts" that would not be covered by Honda, but rather by the dealer and manufacturer of the trike kit.

I don't know what would happen if you had a warranty problem and had to take it to another dealer that you had not purchase the trike from. I would say it would be up to the dealer.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I know for a fact.............Honda will warranty all of their stuff, but the trike parts are the trike manufacturer's baby.

Just last week Honda made a "goodwill" repair on a 4 year old trike w/ 38,000 miles for a friend of mine.

I don't think they'd stand behind my 12 year old trike w/ 100,000. But I wouldn't expect them to................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts