GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be passing through Duluth in June, will be there for two nights. Looking for things to see and places to eat.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Check out Duluth Grill south of Canal Park on I-35. Watch out for potholes! Canal Park has some good places to eat and fun things to do in the area. If you need a hotel I would recommend this area.

·
Registered
999 Posts
The old downtown area is well worth stopping at for a couple of hours, good places for a quick sandwich or gourmet meal. The history of Lake Superior and shipping just comes alive in that area, they've done a great job.

Ride north on the North Shore Drive to Two Harbors, very relaxing and beautiful. We always stop at the Vanilla Bean restaurant for their Pasties, delicious. You may want to stay one night in Two Harbors as there is so much to see and if you enjoy light hiking trails you won't be disappointed.

My son and I have done that north shore drive several times and I never grow tired of it.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Duluth is Great, if you have time, you might enjoy a tour of "Glensheen" it has quite a history, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glensheen_Historic_Estate Drive up the shore to "Split Rock" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_Rock_Lighthouse, the Maritime museum is interesting, http://www.goduluthmn.com/duluth-maritime-museum.html, Duluth has a lot to offer I think you will enjoy it there, if you have time ride north, (Great camping),,also it is the home to Aerostich, (don't expect much there) jmop Have fun

·
Registered
559 Posts
Take a ride on one of the harbor cruise boats, or better yet charter a boat from canal park, and fish for half a day. the marine museum, glensheen mansion, or the lake superior aquarium are good bets. Lots of good places to eat, Grandmas in canal park is good.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I did not stay in Duluth last year but instead stayed at Knife River Campground just 20 miles north of Duluth on Hwy 61. Great guy who owns and runs the campground, he rides and has a couple of dual sports and gave me a break on the rate since I was there so early in the season and just happened to be passing by and decided to stop for the night. Really nice tent site as well for camping. Two Harbors was really a nice little town as well to visit and check out.

·
Registered
531 Posts
check out Areostitch if you are interested in motorcycle gear.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
My wife is from Duluth and I lived there 4 years. Two with USAF. The North Shore is very nice. It is much more of a tourist trap than when I lived there but worth going up. Baptism River falls is the highest falls in MN and very well worth walking the trail to see it. It is a state park now.

Ride out to the end of Park Point. You'll go over the famous lift bridge.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
The old downtown area is well worth stopping at for a couple of hours, good places for a quick sandwich or gourmet meal. The history of Lake Superior and shipping just comes alive in that area, they've done a great job.<...>
Agreed!

If you stay in the downtown area, well worth the time to wander around and explore Lake Ave & surrounding areas...

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you happen to be there on the 14th of June, there will be a new GW Chapter "kick-off" event at Chambers Grove park at 11 a.m. on the West End, you might want to check out lot's of wingers from around the region coming to have a good time and welcome the chapter, MN-D.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts