GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Premium Audio version of the 07 GW come with CB radio and CB switches, or is that an accessory one has to buy? I can't tell from the Honda website.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. CB is something I use once or twice a year in the car if I run into traffic at a dead standstill on a rural interstate (and if the kids aren't in the car...xxx rated language on CB...). Not sure I would use it much more on the bike.

Opted not to get a Navi model - just going to stick with the Garmin 376C that's on my R1150RT, or move up to a Zumo.

Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DGM said:
Steve, How much riding do you plan to do with other Gold Wingers? Have you checked out GWRRA or GWTA in your area. If you get out with a group on a regular basis and do group rides a CB really adds to the enjoyment of it. It also is makes for quite a bit more safety.
Thanks, but I suspect I'll ride mostly alone as I have for the last 28 years, or now and then with the one or two BMW guys I ride with. None of us have bike to bike comms -- we all have busy lives and families, and sometimes the best part of the ride is not having to talk to anyone! :lol: And we ride a lot in areas not covered by cell phones so not even the wives can intrude on our thoughts!

Many years ago I showed up for my first group ride, and when the guy started talking about ride captains, rules, and signals, I parted company with them at the first available right turn. Nothing wrong with what they were doing, but definitely not for me.

Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Alterntives

Kzindar said:
If you do a search, Kennedy makes a wiring harness that allows you to put an FRS (Family Radio Service) radio on the bike and I believe that the built-in switches are functional, as well. If you are interested in looking at this you can check out the following URLs:

http://www.cellset.com/
http://www.gl1800ridersforums.com/gl180 ... system.htm

YMMV
Cheers,
Chris and Helen...
Chris and Helen: thanks! I have been exchanging emails with Jon Jambor at Kennedy today, getting advice on how I want to set up the gps/phone/radar with the Wing intercom. The folks at Kennedy are very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Steve

PS: i used to ride thru Haymarket a few times a week, always being very careful to maintain the legal speed limit....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts