GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently at some motorcycle rally , I bought two (not one mind you...but two) "next generation" "super absorbent" "guaranteed streak free" micro fiber towels for $9.95 each. So, let me see, that comes out to $19.90. These were great for the bike because they are so soft.....and WASHABLE.

Ever the mindful shopper, my wife just bought me a package of 25 of them at Sam's Club for $5.95.

Ain't she great?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Jan, I was at a motorcycle show too and saw the same things. I also saw some other products at the show that are available at other stores for a beter price. I know what you are feeling ! I have done the same thing....So now I don't buy ANYTHING at bike shows...They always tell you,,,this is a special show price just for today !!! BAHHHHHHHLONEY!!!!!!!....I guess you are just gonna have to wash your Goldwing and car every day now!!!!......by the way, I bought 2 of those towels 15 years ago,,I just recently threw the last one in the garbage,,they last a LONNNNNNNG time,so you won't be needing any more EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........TTFN....Henry

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
Recently at some motorcycle rally , I bought two (not one mind you...but two) "next generation" "super absorbent" "guaranteed streak free" micro fiber towels
I use cloth baby diapers (new ones) ...

Dennis

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Not all microfiber is the same.
There are some really really nifty towels that are almost as heavy as leather.
When I worked for a high-end appliance company, Flitz used to give us some of their polishing cloths as samples. Wow; now that's microfiber.
3M makes some nice ones too.
The ones from Sam's are good for general cleaning but aren't nearly as dense as the really good ones.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Arn Butt Bill said:
Not all microfiber is the same.
There are some really really nifty towels that are almost as heavy as leather.
When I worked for a high-end appliance company, Flitz used to give us some of their polishing cloths as samples. Wow; now that's microfiber.
3M makes some nice ones too.
The ones from Sam's are good for general cleaning but aren't nearly as dense as the really good ones.

As I have demonstrated in my post, I know my rags. The ones from the bike show, are exactly the same ones in the package of 25. The bike show towels are not, I repeat NOT super high end, heavy as leather micro fiber towels.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Jan Kokochak said:
As I have demonstrated in my post, I know my rags. The ones from the bike show, are exactly the same ones in the package of 25. The bike show towels are not, I repeat NOT super high end, heavy as leather micro fiber towels.
Oh; bummer.
I was tryin' to help you out, Jan.
Those Flitz rags really kick butt though. I use them on my stainless appliances and outdoor grill; what luster!

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Jan and Bill: Good data!

I have a friend that always has better bike cleanup things than me. Maybe this once I can have a one-up item. :lol:

Took me a long time to find his touted Liquid Glass polish. I bought a Pint flat can and a 3 ton floor jack at the same time form Pep Boys. I paid more for the polish than the 3 ton floor jack with its chassis and wheels and parallel lift cup and handle to carry it and lever to pump it up. Now I can pick up the hitch or the engine and get one or the other wheel up for rotating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts