GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an OFF position for the radio on GL1800?

It seems like AUDIO button cycles between the headset and external speakers.

But is there an OFF for Radio or is it the only way to turn it OFF by activating AUX or some other settings (like CD) while there's no device attached to them?

TIA,

·
Registered
561 Posts
IMHO, it should cycle through: speakers-headset-off. Then again, I'm the same nit-picker who wants the temp gauge to stay on as well when I hit the Display button...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
yup, hold down until it "beeps" :D

not a dumb one Jim.....I qualify :oops:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume you guys mean the "LEFT BUTTON" when you say "push" or "hold until it beeps".

I thought I tried push and hold like 5 seconds before and it didn't work but this afternoon I'll try again on the way home.

Thanks,

·
Registered
837 Posts
Press and hold the Audio button down till it beeps. That shuts it off.

That is, if your beeper is turned on. It can be turned off too with the round Mode knob on the right side of the radio. Push the button down till you get to "beep", then turn the knob one way of the other to turn it off.
The Roger Beep on the cb can be turned off the same way, but the cb must be turned on to see it with the mode knob.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hey Jim...u gettin the message :?: :?: :?: push the silly button :!: :!: :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yahoo, I finally know how to shut off my CB :)
Dumb question my fanny.

:rat: Bake

·
Registered
337 Posts
I pulled a good one myself today. Went to pick up the bike after the ECM replacement and when I went to program my presets on the radio the right knob would not change frequency. I had to use the lever on the left handle bar to tune in channels. I went back in to inquire about it and was told that the right knob is not a tuner only a mode select such as bass and trebble. DUH! Even though I had not changed my presets since I first did so when I bought it last year I should have remembered this :oops:

Anyway ecm went well and bike runs as good as ever. Wont know about gas milage for a few days though!

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Stormbringer said:
I'm the same nit-picker who wants the temp gauge to stay on as well when I hit the Display button...
Check with Jon for a timer to do exactly what you're looking for.
It's a great little product!

www.goldwinggadgets.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts