GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the specific subforums for the '12 series and the '18s, but not one for the first gens. Is there a specific place such posts belong?

Sorry for such a dumb first question, but I have a couple things to ask! Thanks.

·
Registered
828 Posts
here. just post it here, if it needs to be in a different place someone will be sure to correct you.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
I see the specific subforums for the '12 series and the '18s, but not one for the first gens. Is there a specific place such posts belong?

Sorry for such a dumb first question, but I have a couple things to ask! Thanks.

Like stated above, here. Also a 2011 GL1800 is a rare thing.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Well, true enough. Correct me if I'm wrong, my understanding that all that was sold in '11 was leftover '10s due to moving production to Japan.

That's my understanding as well. They closed the plant in Marysville Ohio and it was a year before they produced any in Japan. But they were said to have over run the 2010's to be sold in 2011.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Actually, if memory serves, they built all the 2009s and 2010s in 2009 before closing up shop. There were no 2011 models, is the main point. :)

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
When I first noticed this web site and for long after that, there was the General forum to discuss mundane cycle stuff and the Technical forum to discuss Goldwing specific issues, mechanical help, and tech advice. Then the mistake was made to treat the post 2010 bikes as a different model, which they turned out not to be; same ole pig, different lipstick. I think it would be good for the General forum to be general motorcycle topics and the Technical to once again apply to all models of Goldwing. All it would take is for people to note which year model they are referencing.

prs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts