GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I dumped my Stallion Brown 2018 GoldWing today. What really pisses me off is that I was not on it at the time and the engine wasn't even running.

You know how it goes... pull into a rural gas station, can't find a level spot near the pump so jockey it back and forth until you find a place that seems like it will hold the bike with the kickstand down, and you get off. Well, I spent a couple minutes trying to find a spot, and thought I had. I got off the bike and it immediately fell away from me onto its right side.

No serious damage, but I bet it is expensive damage. I need a new right side saddlebag cover, the wacky black plastic thing that goes over the obviiously useless front crash bar, and the right side mirror housing (just the brown plastic part, the mirror folded in and did not break, but the cover is really messed up with scratches. The scratches were probably made worse during the process of righting the bike (two guys helped me).

I will do the parts replacement myself. What is the cheapest place to buy OEM Honda body parts?

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Check with KD Cycle for a saddlebag door... bet they’ll have a trike takeoff, a LOT cheaper than a new one...

Reactions: Drgsin

·
Registered
651 Posts
Sorry, that sucks!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Well, I dumped my Stallion Brown 2018 GoldWing today. What really pisses me off is that I was not on it at the time and the engine wasn't even running.

You know how it goes... pull into a rural gas station, can't find a level spot near the pump so jockey it back and forth until you find a place that seems like it will hold the bike with the kickstand down, and you get off. Well, I spent a couple minutes trying to find a spot, and thought I had. I got off the bike and it immediately fell away from me onto its right side.

No serious damage, but I bet it is expensive damage. I need a new right side saddlebag cover, the wacky black plastic thing that goes over the obviiously useless front crash bar, and the right side mirror housing (just the brown plastic part, the mirror folded in and did not break, but the cover is really messed up with scratches. The scratches were probably made worse during the process of righting the bike (two guys helped me).

I will do the parts replacement myself. What is the cheapest place to buy OEM Honda body parts?
Man I'm really sorry to hear about your damage. Hope you get it fixed and it doesn't cost you too much. What a bummer.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Maybe

Maybe Traxxion can come up with improved tip over protection. It seems like Honda chose form over function in this case.
Oh man that's a real bummer!
Shorten your side stand a bit. I know this will make the bike a little heavier to lift but here in the UK our road camber is opposite to yours so the side stand is a compromise between the left/right side riders.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Man that really stinks. I bought a spare left door from KD immediately after buying my bike since they are easy to brush against and the pin striping on the Blue makes a repaint difficult.
There was a Brown Door on Ebay last week. Maybe it will be relisted if it did not sell. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts