GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can order one online.

Already have the Euforia and demon Sport, but would like to try this narrower tire.

If I can find one, I would be willing to trade my Euforia (1600 miles on it and still looks new) and wheel for a rear wheel. I really don't want to take it off rim. I'm in the DFW area.

I also just got a new set of Stones on Hal's last sale to put on a set of polished wheels. It's been a few months since I went to car tire and I can't remember how it rode with M/T. Judging how it rode with the Dunlops doesn't seem fair. Can you tell I'm still searching for the right combination.
Thanks, Mike

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
From this thread:
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203533

Stick 405 wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeboztx
I googled this 175 tire and couldn't find it anywhere. Where is everyone getting it?
Thanks, Mike

Go to your local Discount Tire Store and have them enquire at the Dunlop or Discount Tire warehouse in York Pa. I believe this is where they come from. I know it's somebody's warehouse. Either that, or go to your local 175/60-16 friendly tire store and pick up a few. Cheers...:doorag:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Im having a hard time finding this size tire. Tried Discount Tire Direct and they said that they had never heard of or carried a tire in that size and offered no help. I also called around my local area and everyone acts like Im speaking to them in a totally different language. There has to be someplace out there that has em and is willing to ship.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Here's a link to where we got our tires.
Discount Tire ,the store on 160 Woodstock Square Ave. Woodstock Georgia. (678) 494-1238. Tim is the guy to ask for. Unfortunately the store has some kind of strange policy of wanting a sig. so will not take CC s'over the phone. However, Tim may have the info on the distribution warehouse, you can then pass it on to your local Discount Tire Store. Check posts #5 and #15. After further review, I believe the tire comes out of the Dunlop warehouse in York PA. Cheers.....:doorag:

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2276288#post2276288

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Does appear it is going to be a challenge. I have checked 4 stores locally and they do not have one nor are they willing to go out of their loop to obtain one. When I ask about the Dunlop main distributor, they simply say not available to this area.

The online search tools that finally connect you with Dunlop dealers and distributors, show no tire in the system within 300 miles of here.

So I figure I will go to Walmart and get some shoe goo and make one. :roll:

Kit

·
Registered
374 Posts
Can't find them around Austin either..or anyone that will order them.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Okay guys, I'll be a nice guy. I'm just a few miles from the store where I got four of them recently. I was told I could get all I wanted.

I can get them for 170 dollars plus sales tax of about 10 bucks and the shipping is usually 15-30 dollars depending on how far it goes. If I can get orders for four of them, I'll get Tim working on it.

So, send me a check or money order for 170+10+30 and I'll put your name on one of the four. If the shipping is less, I'll refund your money.

Let's handle this thru PMs. Thanks. I'll wait till I have all four sold.

·
Registered
216 Posts
PM sent...... Thanks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Two already ordered, two left.

First come, first served.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got back from Discount Tire in Lake Worth Tx and ordered one. At first they said couldn't be done. I told them they could be ordered from Dunlop Distribution in York Pa. They called and got one ordered and shipped to them. Also, they told DT salesman they only had 2, and now they only have 1. Sounds like there is going to be an availability problem.
Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
We might want to book mark this thread as I think this info is going to be requested many times over in the next few weeks and months... Cheers...:doorag:

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
I also put this page link on the darkside list.

If there is a marketable increase of the sales of this tire, perhaps they will try restocking the warehouse.

Trialsman, if you do find these are still available, and lack a fourth buyer, count me in.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Three sold, one left....PM me for where to send money..

You should have it within 2 weeks, max.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Bump...one more for somebody.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
4,364 Posts

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
Thanks, now does anyone have the mileage and traction numbers
on this tire would be great"
I was looking for them and couldn't find them.

I'm kind of a fan of the winter tires because of the siping. I purchased the 175 but don't have it on yet.

I think traction would be pretty good because when trailsman did a burn out it made a pretty darn good racket. When he did a hard 1-2 shift and a bit of a wheelie, she howled but grabbed pretty good.

I'm thinking the milage will be pretty good (maybe not for trailsman).

Just guessing this tire has your name written all over it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts