1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rocket, I just found out they discontinued this tire. I like to stay up on things. I have a GWRRA Chapter that I have just about mounted all their car tires and have them using the 3000's and now they are starting to need new tires so I will give them this link and they can buy him out, then start using Michelin Primacy.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
202 Posts
It is amazing the price differences you find out there in cyber space. Hate to see them discontinue this tire. I have one on now with about 12,000 miles on it so far and another waiting to be mounted later this summer. I like the feel of the tire more than the Kumho I had on first.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I must admit I have become attached to the 3000. I have run a lot of them getting from 10,000 to 14,000 miles out of them. I have become a creature of habit when it comes to tires and I really like this one and it sticks very good. A good friend has recommended the Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 RF which he says it a good "wet" tire. When I am out of 3000's I guess I will try this. Looks like I will have to move a little out of my comfort zone!

·
Registered
202 Posts
But did you see the "$89.02 Standard Shipping" :wrong: not such a good deal after all....
????? for my zipcode, it is:
US $20.44

United States
Standard Shipping (UPS Ground)

2-6 business days

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Thanks Rocket, I just found out they discontinued this tire. I like to stay up on things. I have a GWRRA Chapter that I have just about mounted all their car tires and have them using the 3000's and now they are starting to need new tires so I will give them this link and they can buy him out, then start using Michelin Primacy.
Hey Towmotor, have you looked at the Dunlop winter sport 3D?
http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop....gorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=135

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Towmotor, have you looked at the Dunlop winter sport 3D?
Yes Rocket I got that tire but I put the 33 PSI I was used to in other Dunlop's, It handled a little loose with just me but we went to Tenn and Kat was complaining about it feeling like it was rolling over in the turns. The next day I added 2 Lbs and headed to Georgia and that cured, rode like the one I have on it but Kat said she would not ride on it so I have a 3D Wintersport with 1500 miles on it still mounted on my on of my extra rims that I have not taken off yet.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Yes Rocket I got that tire but I put the 33 PSI I was used to in other Dunlop's, It handled a little loose with just me but we went to Tenn and Kat was complaining about it feeling like it was rolling over in the turns. The next day I added 2 Lbs and headed to Georgia and that cured, rode like the one I have on it but Kat said she would not ride on it so I have a 3D Wintersport with 1500 miles on it still mounted on my on of my extra rims that I have not taken off yet.
I have a General G-Max mounted, want to trade?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a General G-Max mounted, want to trade?
I still have 1 or 2 new ones ready in the basement. If you want to try this 3 D for a little while to see if you like it let me know it's mounted, you can run down here one day and we will throw it on.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I still have 1 or 2 new ones ready in the basement. If you want to try this 3 D for a little while to see if you like it let me know it's mounted, you can run down here one day and we will throw it on.
That sounds like a plan!:thumbup:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
That sounds like a plan!:thumbup:
Rocket, don't forget your post hole diggers.:lol:

Towmotor, that pic is one bad looking tire. Thanks.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Do not some businesses jack up the shipping price and sell item for less so they don't have to pay ebay as much?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts