GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dunlap wintersport with 21k all of a sudden started showing significant wear on the left side to the point I am going to change it out for a new Michelin Pa3.
I am very satisfied with the life of my Dunlap, in fact I may go back to it some day?
I am just kinda puzzled on how it wore more on the left side :shrug:
I think it may be possible that the crown of the roads does it?
I only ride the twistys about 2 times a year other than that I am a flat lander :?
Has anyone else seen this kind of wear on there tires?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
My Dunlap wintersport with 21k all of a sudden started showing significant wear on the left side to the point I am going to change it out for a new Michelin Pa3.
I am very satisfied with the life of my Dunlap, in fact I may go back to it some day?
I only ride the twistys about 2 times a year other than that I am a flat lander :?

I would say you're spot on OWB. Running the same tire and loving it. I will replace it with the same when the time comes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Pics

Any pics? I am interested going to the dark side and that was one of the tires I was looking at. let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Thanks for the report!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
MOST people (I think) tend to make Left turns somewhat more aggressively. I have heard/read that the crown of the road does not affect wear on a tire, but I'm not so sure that it does not contribute a teeny little bit to the wear.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
KB1957-----Go for it!!!! probably the single best thing I have done to "accessorize" my wing!!----tho that is not the tire I use.

·
Registered
224 Posts
KB1957-----Go for it!!!! probably the single best thing I have done to "accessorize" my wing!!----tho that is not the tire I use.
I only have about 1,000 miles on the current rear tire (E3). I'm lookng for a spare rear rim to put the CT on it and keep the E3 as a spare. I'll keep looking. Thanks

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Well, if you didn't have so much $$$ in your wallet the left side wouldn't wear like that.:thumbup: Thanks for the report...21k is outstanding.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
miles

I have just over 11k on mine and it isn't showing much wear. I'm really impressed at how the shoulders are holding up. Seems better than the Kumho I had before. Another thing I like about this tire is that it doesn't search as hard for the low side of the groove.

Richard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts