GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi Fred, I'm on my 2nd rear and 1st front E4. I find them a bit slippery in the rain. Much better than the E3 for wear tho.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Had a front E4 installed a couple of days ago. So far I’ve put about 500 miles on it. Jury is still out as far as if I’m liking it or not. Previous front tire was a Bridgestone. The Dunlop seems to be squirrelly on grooved pavement.

·
Love The DCT
11,374 Posts
Had a front E4 installed a couple of days ago. So far I’ve put about 500 miles on it. Jury is still out as far as if I’m liking it or not. Previous front tire was a Bridgestone. The Dunlop seems to be squirrelly on grooved pavement.
The Dunlop 423F does the same thing. Both front tires have a straight centrally located circumferential groove that tends to be a tad squirrelly on grooved pavement.
?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The Dunlop 423F does the same thing. Both front tires have a straight centrally located circumferential groove that tends to be a tad squirrelly on grooved pavement.
?
Yeah, I have noticed that myself on the 423 on my bike now, but it isn’t worrisome enough for me not to buy another. I think it likely helps with water siping.....but that is just a guess.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok, so I put the rear E4 on (front wasn’t ready yet) and I like it fine. I only have a few hundred miles on it but it seems plenty sticky. Quiet, smooth and flickable. Have not been in rain yet and will update once done, but so far I would recommend.

I can say, that the tread depth seems to be deeper than any tire I have used other than a car tire so that may help explain the additional mileage on these tires.

Time will tell but if the mileage on these works out for me as reported, in my opinion, it will be well worth the $70 price premium over the stones.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts