1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I would be concerned about the Q speed rating.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I'm sticking with a run flat myself.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
Q RATED - 99 MPH :eek:4: JUST GETTING COMFY AT THAT SPEED AND TIRE DONE !:wrong:

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Q RATED - 99 MPH :eek:4: JUST GETTING COMFY AT THAT SPEED AND TIRE DONE !:wrong:
I would be more concerned about braking performance.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
:roll: WOULD THINK BEING SNOW TIRE AND SAYS SOFTER RUBBER WOULD BITE GOOD ??? READ REVIEWS AND DIDNT SEE TO MUCH NEGATIVE ON BRAKING > MOST CARS DONT GO IN TRIPLE DIGITS MUCH ! :bow:

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Speed rating takes lots of things into account, including the tire's resistance to coming apart. Both the physics of speed / acceleration and braking create stresses on the tire's construction. This thought is the basis for 211Chuck's criticism of H-rated tires, as compared to V-rated ones. The Q-rating raises the concern even higher. But folks are certainly free to ride what they want. The OP raised a valid question and I responded with my view.

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
:roll::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
​What Rocketman911 and UncleJohn said! JMHO

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Speed rating takes lots of things into account, including the tire's resistance to coming apart. Both the physics of speed / acceleration and braking create stresses on the tire's construction. This thought is the basis for 211Chuck's criticism of H-rated tires, as compared to V-rated ones. The Q-rating raises the concern even higher. But folks are certainly free to ride what they want. The OP raised a valid question and I responded with my view.
Fixed the speed problem!:thumbup::lol:

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts