GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on Speed TV web site and reading an article about tire testing at Daytona for bike week races. This is day three of the tire testing. Well, Dunlop brought down over 1000 new tires to be tested. The new compound is one of the best the racers has ever used and the times show it. Dunlop said they will have all the tires the racers need for the big event. They must be making them either up in Canada or down south of the border?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Methimsk, that both the Dunlop Workers and the Company have shot themselves in the foot.

Time will tell, but time is short. Ya Sneeze, ya get run over!

Bulldog

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'll buy 'em if I can find out where they are available. Price is first with me and quality is a very close second.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You said they were tires tested by racers...Do they put racing tires on Goldwings ?,,Are they testing tires for Goldwings or race bikes?...PS..I am a metz user ( for now),,I have had 2 sets and have been very happy with them,,,,if it ain't broke,don't fix it !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I think Biffle, would tell you that his Dunlop did not help him during the test.

Can you say Blow out!

Bulldog

·
Registered
161 Posts
Biffle had a blowout between turns 2 & 3 here in Las Vegas on GOODYEAR tires.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
"Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company forced 15,000 USW members out on strike at 16 plants across North America on October 5, 2006"

Pardon my french but BS!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hm. The above thread almost makes me want to buy another set of Dunlop tires.
When a diatribe is filled with with hot-button words instead of sound reasoning, it causes a knee-jerk reaction in the opposite direction the author intended.

Ride long and safe..and I'm riding on Dunlops.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'-6 GL18HPNAC5

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Goodyear did not "force" anyone to leave their job and strike. The workers "chose" to leave because they do not like the working conditions to include the benefit program.

The workers exercised their right to choose. If their action is successful they will gain concessions from the company, and if not, then they will not gain concessions. Whether or not they have made the right decisions as guided by their unions is something that each of us can judge for himself but only time will show was right or wrong. But they were not "forced" to do anything!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Goodyear

AMEN!!!!

Buck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts