GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new set of Bridgestones today. I got 11,000 miles out of the last set. About 5000 of those miles were interstate travel to the west coast. They really flattened out. See the attached photo.

Dennis

Edit correction: My tires were Bridgestones, not Dunlops

Attachments

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Looks normal to me, the freeways will wear them flat in the center.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I just installed a new set of Dunlops today. I got 11,000 miles out of the last set. About 5000 of those miles were interstate travel to the west coast. They really flattened out. See the attached photo.

Dennis
Yeah, they do get flat. Though I got more miles on my E3s -- about 18k. Boy did they sing!!

I've got 12,500+ on my current tire and it looks like new, but it started out flattened.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just installed a new set of Dunlops today. I got 11,000 miles out of the last set. About 5000 of those miles were interstate travel to the west coast. They really flattened out. See the attached photo.

Dennis
Hey WAYFUN

Find more twistys and have

WAY--MORE--FUN
Besides you will get more miles out of the tires and they will be rounder, longer.
RJ

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey WAYFUN

Find more twistys and have

WAY--MORE--FUN
Besides you will get more miles out of the tires and they will be rounder, longer.
RJ

Yeah, I know. I90 and I40 killed that tire this summer. I tried, but I just couldn't get enough twisties in to round it back off after that trip.

I put that tire on new just before I left and by the time I got to Portland, OR you could already see the flat spot in the center. A fellow rider was running a new E3 and his did the same.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Got 14,000 out of the originals Dunlops. Now I have 8,000 (1/2 gone) on a rear Stone and 13,000 (2/3 gone) on the front Stone. About 50% riding 2 up, wife is 125 lb, I am 225 lbs. no wheelies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts