GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can dyna beads be added through a 90 degree valve stem? I had a new CT installed at Walmart which they couldn't balance, and I forgot about getting the beads in advance.

·
Curious Member
877 Posts
Yes they can, it may require a bit of tapping to coax them flowing through.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I added mine with the Dyna Bead bottle, short hose and a Porter Cable palm sander vibrating against the valve stem. You have to be patient but they drop right in.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
What about on a stock 2103 90 degree stem...with factory TPMS installed...Has anyone tried this?? Thanks

John

·
Registered
827 Posts
What about on a stock 2103 90 degree stem...with factory TPMS installed...Has anyone tried this?? Thanks

John
I just switched to the car tires and used counter act beads which are similar to dnya beads in my 2012. I had no problem putting the beads in the angle valve using the little bottle that came with the beads. I did use a longer tube though. About 15 inches long. Just filled the tube about half way with the beads and then lowered the bottle below the valve and used it to pump air back and forth as the beads flowed right in.
Then I filled the tube again and continued the process until they were all in. Easy Peasy. jack

·
Registered
593 Posts
You can also use a basketball type air pump to push the lil buggers into the stem.

·
Registered
308 Posts
what brand

What vendor do you all buy the beads from, i went to amazon and they have all kinds of bead vendors selling them.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Thanks Guys...I just do not want to remove the tires, break the beads and pour them in. When these new tires wear out
I will just dump them in before I put the last side of the tire onto the rim.

I have put them in my DR 650 tires...filled up the plastic tube that comes with the kit from Dyna Beads, then I used an air compressor to force them in the Tire/Tube,went in pretty quick.

I bought a brand new 2014 rear wheel/tire for a spare,and I will try to put the dyna beads in it first...

Thanks again

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts