GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these with the TPMS? Will they break it and if not, can they still be inserted through the valve hole? How many do you put in?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I put mine in through the valve stem easily. 5000 miles with them so far and no problems.
2 oz in the front, 3oz in the BMT.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
I put mine in through the valve stem easily. 5000 miles with them so far and no problems.
2 oz in the front, 3oz in the BMT.
I have right at 5K on mine as well and with the same ratio of 2 oz/3 oz as Deacon. Nice smooth ride. And if my TPMS is being bothered by it I sure can't tell it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tire Beads

Has anyone tried these with the TPMS? Will they break it and if not, can they still be inserted through the valve hole? How many do you put in?

WHY is it you think you even NEED this product:? Don't you think if they did such a great job for performance/life of the tire that they would come "stock" in the original from ANY manufacture?? There have been many many articles written and pretty much ALL of them say the same thing; Dyna Beads are like any other "accessory", if you want to spend the $$ on a bottle, well, it's your $$.....:shrug:

·
Registered
818 Posts
WHY is it you think you even NEED this product:? Don't you think if they did such a great job for performance/life of the tire that they would come "stock" in the original from ANY manufacture?? There have been many many articles written and pretty much ALL of them say the same thing; Dyna Beads are like any other "accessory", if you want to spend the $$ on a bottle, well, it's your $$.....:shrug:
Hi Me; because mftre's often put cheap parts in bikes; ie, the plastic stem bearings and "used to be" pi$$ poor fork assembly. Dyna beads are not an accessory, they're an upgrade/improvement over 'weight' type balancing, just like Progressive Springs are an improvement over stock springs, and All Balls are an improvement over plastic bearings. I learned this first hand on my last bike. But as you posted " if you want to spend", I, as well as a few others, do choose to spend a little more for improvements. But it is an individual choice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dyna beads are not an accessory, they're an upgrade/improvement over 'weight' type balancing.

[h=2]ac·ces·so·ry[/h]   [ak-ses-uh-ree] Show IPA noun,plural -ries, adjective
noun1.a subordinate or supplementary part, object, or the like, used mainly for convenience, attractiveness, safety, etc., as a spotlight on an automobile or a lens cover on a camera. :xmas1:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Maybe a better mousetrap who knows. All I know is mine never vibrates, never shows tire cupping and is smooth as silk. If it doesn't fit your taste,,, thats fine but don't believe honda or anyone else puts all the "best" products on their products. Sometimes aftermarket is actually better product than OEM products and the functionality is better. For instance I just installed back lighting for my dash switches (whew) but honda decided not to. Is it better not to have lighting? It all depends on the person. I like lighting and would like to have even more on the dash or even in the pockets. Its all a personal preference is suppose but since tire balancing changes as the tire wears even on automobiles, I opt to have my balanced all the time automatically by dyanbeads.

·
Registered
818 Posts
ac·ces·so·ry

   [ak-ses-uh-ree] Show IPA noun,plural -ries, adjective

noun1.a subordinate or supplementary part, object, or the like, used mainly for convenience, attractiveness, safety, etc., as a spotlight on an automobile or a lens cover on a camera. :xmas1:

Great! We agree; it 's not an accessory. BTW, I know what an accessory is, was the dictionary for your benefit?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Real time balancing

Maybe a better mousetrap who knows. All I know is mine never vibrates, never shows tire cupping and is smooth as silk. If it doesn't fit your taste,,, thats fine but don't believe honda or anyone else puts all the "best" products on their products. Sometimes aftermarket is actually better product than OEM products and the functionality is better. For instance I just installed back lighting for my dash switches (whew) but honda decided not to. Is it better not to have lighting? It all depends on the person. I like lighting and would like to have even more on the dash or even in the pockets. Its all a personal preference is suppose but since tire balancing changes as the tire wears even on automobiles, I opt to have my balanced all the time automatically by dyanbeads.
Tire balancing changes as the tire wears. You are right on the mark on this one Tanman. So I figure, why not have the tires balance themselves as the rubber wears off unevenly with hard braking, stopping, corning ect... as you ride ?:?: Price is very low for this real-time adjustment:thumbup:

·
Registered
242 Posts

Obviously you haven't tried Dyna Beads. What makes YOU think they don't work.

You are what I call a coulda, woulda, shoulda poster. Don't have any experience with a subject but have lots of opinions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You are what I call a coulda, woulda, shoulda poster. Don't have any experience with a subject but have lots of opinions.

Kinda just like what YOU have just expressed above, an OPINION....... when YOU can show ME that miracle report, that PROOF that this particular product does as all claim it does, than I will be the first to commend YOU, but I already know that day will NEVER come to be!! That is just the FACTS of the subject!! Now I am not going to sit here and tell YOU or anyone else that in my 36yrs of riding that I have never tried any of these so called fix-it products, I have just got a lil smarter now when it comes to REALITY AND ACTUAL PROOF of PERFORMANCE;) As I said before, it's your $$ so spend it how you want, if YOUR purchase puts YOUR mind at ease than it was $$ well spent... There's a SUCKER born every minute:roll:

·
Registered
242 Posts
65,000 miles show me that beads work. I also work in a bike shop and 95% of our customers use Dyna Beads and about 95% like them.
There's always one in the group. There's a whole lot of products out there that don't work but this product does.

I had a front tire that was scalloped with about 6000 miles on it. I did an all balls install and dyna beads at the same time. By the time that tire was worn out at 14,000 it was perfectly round again as if it had never scalloped.
I don't care what all the coulda, woulda, shoulda's have to say, my bike was fixed. I don't care if the back tire was the problem as a lot claim.
It stopped the decel wobble and my tires are balanced. Cheap fix and I'm happy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
don't believe honda or anyone else puts all the "best" products on their products. Sometimes aftermarket is actually better product than OEM products and the functionality is better.

:agree: 99% of us who have these sort of toys buy AFTERMARKET just for that reason(as well as performance), if we did not, most all of the 3rd party business's would be long gone, BUT, it's not the manufacturer fault, the same 99% are not going to buy the toy w/the best that it COULD be built with, cause we aint' going to pay the sticker price, yet we ALL have those extra goodies catalogs in the shop w/page corners bent!!!:shrug:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
There are thousands of heavy truck fleet managers who routinely have beads installed to increase tread life. Believe me, they would be the first to cry foul if they didn't work as claimed. Next time do a little more homework...... There is more then one way to balance a tire.... zinc weights, beads, rings... it's just basic science at work.....

Kinda just like what YOU have just expressed above, an OPINION....... when YOU can show ME that miracle report, that PROOF that this particular product does as all claim it does, than I will be the first to commend YOU, but I already know that day will NEVER come to be!! That is just the FACTS of the subject!! Now I am not going to sit here and tell YOU or anyone else that in my 36yrs of riding that I have never tried any of these so called fix-it products, I have just got a lil smarter now when it comes to REALITY AND ACTUAL PROOF of PERFORMANCE;) As I said before, it's your $$ so spend it how you want, if YOUR purchase puts YOUR mind at ease than it was $$ well spent... There's a SUCKER born every minute:roll:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Why?

Why is it you want to express an oppinion about something you have never tried? Something you know nothing about.:shrug:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Proof

Somebody, Anybody, Please just SHOW ME the PROOF from a DOCUMENTED study that it really does do what all of you & them SAY it does... that's all I ask... a funded/non-funded study by a legitimate recognized organization with REAL EVIDENCE(not from a mechanic or fleet mngr or any other so called tire inventory expert testimony) from the non-patented invention that has NOT A ONE endorsement from ANY governmental organization that has anything remotely close to do with it, with out it or the tire industry in general, or ANYONE for that matter.... I'll be waiting:beer8:

side note; I never said it was a bad product, just one that it is not needed!!!

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Somebody, Anybody, Please just SHOW ME the PROOF from a DOCUMENTED study that it really does do what all of you & them SAY it does... that's all I ask... a funded/non-funded study by a legitimate recognized organization with REAL EVIDENCE(not from a mechanic or fleet mngr or any other so called tire inventory expert testimony) from the non-patented invention that has NOT A ONE endorsement from ANY governmental organization that has anything remotely close to do with it, with out it or the tire industry in general, or ANYONE for that matter.... I'll be waiting:beer8:

side note; I never said it was a bad product, just one that it is not needed!!!
Here is a patent for one brand of bead balancing product. I am sure if you are interested you could find more by searching.
US Patent Pending 12/831,646
Canadian Patent Pending PAT 68698-1 CA
Brazilian Patent Pending 01810024617
European Patent Pending 10006986.3

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here is a patent for one brand of bead balancing product. I am sure if you are interested you could find more by searching.
US Patent Pending 12/831,646
Canadian Patent Pending PAT 68698-1 CA
Brazilian Patent Pending 01810024617
European Patent Pending 10006986.3

C'mon now, did you really even take the time to look-up what product the US Patent is for in your post??? :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts