GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Better thanweights? how my oz for the 1800, can they be added with tires on bike, and last do I have to replace valvecord I know I will get the right answer from this great board, Thanks

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think they work great, you can install on bike, you will have to remove and reinstall the valve core.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Bulldog........ www.shinhopples.com has them already doled out and I think that they are 2oz per tire. I like them and already have the next batch laying here, and only the core has to be removed for the install. They have a kit that has a small bottle with a hose to make it "easier".:lol:

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a question, someone said that after the tire heats up the beads melt into the tire where they are needed? I thought when it was time to change a tire the loose beads had to be removed from the tire as loose beads.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Dyna Beads

I just changed tires, after 16k, all I did was drill a 1" hole in the center of the tread, rolled the tire over a pan and thumped it with a hammer handle.......there was not 1 bead in the tire when it came off the rim. So no, they don't stick.........I used 2 oz in the front and 3 in the rear, this time I am adding them to my 12" trailer tires too.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
easiest way is to order from Bull dog at www.shinhopples.com they come pre packaged from him in whatever weight that you need.

Just remove the valve core and let all the air out of the tire. Invert the bottle with the dyna beads into the vale stem and use a engraver tool (electric) to add the beads. Real quick method! Takes less than two minutes to install.

Reinstall the valve stem core and inflated to proper pressure. You are now ready to go.

Just remember to remove the metal weights on the rim.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
What does the engraver have to do with installling them?

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
I'd bet the engraver is to vibrate the bottle and stem to keep the balls rolling into the tire . . .???

I'm going to have 2oz put in each tire as they are remounted to my newly powdercoatd wheels next week. I'll report.

My poor wheels got trashed by deicer again this winter and I didn't feel like trying to clean up that mess again.

H

·
0 Posts
I've become a firm believer in these things. I've just put them in my wife's car. I also have them front and rear of the wing, and on the trailer I pull behind it. I put 2oz. front, and 3oz. rear, which is probably overkill, but I run a c/t back there, so it's a little more tire.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Dyna Bead

You hold the engraver on the valve stem. The vibration keeps the beads moving into the tire.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Love them. I poured them in with the bottle and hose (got the kit from Bulldawg). Let out the air, remove the core, and pour. I couldn't pour them fast enough, very easy. 2oz. for each tire, 3 oz. for the back if your a darkside guy/gal.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
How do you remove the valve core? I'd love to try these.

·
Registered
775 Posts
reusing the Dyna Beads.......

I use a little cordless vacuum cleaner, one that came with my cordless drill. Break the tire down, vacuum out the beads, and reuse them. Have done this three times, I always seem to loose a few, so I add necessary amount of new ones...........

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Questions???

1- Where can you purchase the engraving tool, and how expensive is one?

2- Any difficulty installing the beads in the rear tire with the 90 degree valve stem?

Thanks.

H

·
0 Posts
you don't NEED the engraving tool, it just speeds up the process. You can get the same result by tapping with a screwdriver handle, or whatever. Just don't try to do too much at once. You'll see once you get started. A palm sander will work too, really anything that vibrates. Maybe your wife or girlfriend may have something that would work.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts