GL1800Riders Forums banner

is there a correlation between the CT with higher miles and dyna beads or the centrif

• High miles with weights over 15k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High miles with dyna or centrifugal balance over 15k

• low miles with either under 15k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there is any correlation between the CT with higher miles and dyna beads or the centrifugal balance versus lower miles using traditional weights?

For those getting high miles on your tires which method of weights are you using traditional or a dyna bead or centrifugal balancer.

Dale

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Centrifugal!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
cen·trif·u·gal

adjective

1.moving or directed outward from the center ( opposed to centripetal).

2.pertaining to or operated by centrifugal force: a centrifugal pump.

3.Physiology . efferent.

noun

4.Machinery .

a.a machine for separating different materials by centrifugal force; centrifuge.

b.a rotating, perforated drum holding the materials to be separated in such a machine.

I used the centrifugal types from the mid sixties on a 426 HEMI Plymouth and later on a 426 HEMI Cuda...

Seemed to work well then as well as now...

Can't say to much about tire life, not to many tires lasted to long on any on my cars...

I really don't think it had anything to do with the balancing system I was using either, I really think it may have been my right foot...

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Centrifugal! Now that's fun to say!:coffee1:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry folks, I tried to do a serious poll to see if one method got better miles over another. But with 140 views and 5 responses and based on the comments I obviously got it wrong. I had hoped to contribute something of value and generate some thought with this poll.

My bad,
Dale

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Sorry folks, I tried to do a serious poll to see if one method got better miles over another. But with 140 views and 5 responses and based on the comments I obviously got it wrong. I had hoped to contribute something of value and generate some thought with this poll.

My bad,
Dale
Dale, it’s not your bad at all...

I really don’t think to many people on this forum knew about this kind on balancing systems until they heard about it on here for there wings, I did use them starting back in the sixties but as I said I always either was racing or they were in the garage, and I really can’t help on the longevity on the tires, but I do know from about 40+ years on experience they really do work in balancing the tires...

Maybe if you could reach out to some truck drivers that are using them they will be able to give you more information that we bikers can...

Still, not your bad...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts