GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha anyone found that dyna beads can cause the valve cores to get hung up I was looking on a website that sells dyna beads anf they sell a valve core that has a filter on it but they wont fit on the 90Degree valve stems. any Ideas

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've had dynabeads in several sets of tires and check them often... never a problem. I do check the air when the valve is at the 6 o'clock position as recommended.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I use 90 degree metal stems with dynabeads and had one pathcboy stem that would cause a problem often (beads got hung up in stem when checking air). All the other patchboy 90 degree metal stems, on all of the other tires have never been a problem. When the beads would get in there, a shot of air would clear them out.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have a 2010 with TPMS OEM and I put the beads in a I check air presure 2 maybe 3 time a week and never had an issue with the 90 degee stems.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
I run the beads in both tires and like them, but I do not check air pressure unless I'm next to a compressor as I have had them hang up in the stock stems and bleed the air right out(fortunately that was in my garage) It can and does happen. I advise you not to check your air pressure on the road unless very close to a compressor.

Before I check mine I hit the stem with a shot of air to blow the beads out of the stem. I have checked the tires in a variety of positions and the beads still cause a problem for me. Otherwise they are great. The bike runs smooth as can be with the beads.

Fred

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hit your valve stem with a short blast of air to dislodge the beads when that happens. It doesn't happen all the time, but on rare occasions it will. No big deal.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
I've got 85° degree metal stems, no problem with mine. Have never had to shoot some air in before checking air pressure, never had one stuck. But if so - no big deal, quick shot of air will dislodge the beastie.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've had dynabeads in several sets of tires and check them often... never a problem. I do check the air when the valve is at the 6 o'clock position as recommended.
Don't check your air pressure with the valve stem at 6 o'clock. When your not rolling the beads are sitting in the bottom of the tire, which happens to be closest to the 6 o'clock position. With beads, it's better to roll as far away from 6 o'clock before airing up.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've run Dynabeads for several years now. Only twice have the beads stuck in the valve stem in all my checks and I just shot air back in. Problem solved. And I never worry about the position of the stem, such as 6 o'clock.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
never had a problem with them

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Anyone know why the filtered valve cores won't fit the 90° stems?

·
Registered
268 Posts
The 62 1/3 degree valve stems have an external plunger to dilodge those pesky balls then just check as normal ;)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
can you add the beads through a 90 degrees valve stem or you have to do it when you mount the tire ?
Yes. You can feed them through the 90 degree stems. It just takes a bit longer. Using an engraver or palm sander to vibrate the stem a bit will significantly speed the flow of beads into the tire. Otherwise, lightly taping on the stem with the handle of a screwdriver works, albeit slowly.

When checking the air pressure, just place the tire any where between 10 and 2 and lightly tap on the valve stem before checking the pressure should keep you out of trouble.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts