GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
They are an inexpensive and convenient solution to achieving a fairly good dynamic balance. I tried them, prefer the OE type lead weights for static balance.

prs

·
Registered
628 Posts
On my second set of stones with the beads, for me they work, no cupping & smooth to triple digits. I use 41psi in rear & 36psi in front.:thumbup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes I will use them again, 7000k and the tire look great and run smooth

·
Registered
6 Posts
Absolutely! They are the slickest solution I've found.. Dynamic balance is always better than static and with Dyna Beads your tires will "always" be in balance, the only other thing I know of that will do that is the Centramatic system...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Got 15,000 miles on my stock tire. Dyna beads was my 1st upgrade made along with a kumo car tire. May get another 3000 miles out of the tire all due to Dyna beads. Will always use them until i save up for centramatics.:agree:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes. I installed them with my new tires and I am happy.

Have a friend that chromed his VTX wheels and installed new tires at the same time. I turned him on to Dyna Beads and he used them. First time I saw him ride, I asked how he liked the tire balance. He got a funny look on his face and said "I haven't thought about it, must be good".

Recommend.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Absolutly!! I like them so much that they are in rear CT and in my aluma trailer tires too! Its one of the few things that I could actually feel when I changed them for the old weights. So cheap for so MUCH reward!IMHO:yes1:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Alternative solution

I had run Dynabeads for two sets of tires. When I replaced the last set I put 2 fl oz of 50/50 antifreeze in the front, and 3 fl oz of the same in the back, and the tires (D250s) gave me my normal mileage with virtually no cupping.

One plus to the antifreeze (in addition to the low cost) is if the tire needs to be plugged, the beads will stick to the sticky rope, and the antifreeze won't.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Simple answer, absolutely.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I used them for several sets of tires, and they did a good job....but I now have the Centramatic balance system...after riding on the Centramatic's I would never go back to the beads.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts