GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
16,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always used conventional weights; but this video clip is interesting.

prs

·
Registered
16,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:thumbup:OK you got me to thinking that maybe they do work
I am one of the ones who needs convinced! It is a neat demo. I guess I am an old enough dog to have trouble with new tricks. :)

prs

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
I was one of the naysayers for a long time. Kind of like the Slick 50 and Vornado voo doo. But I figured, for $3-$4 dollars, it can't hurt to try. I've now been using them for about a year. They do work.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have my beads and new stones waiting to go on.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What? Wait, you mean the Vornado that was in my old pickup when I bought it isn't working?? Son of a gun I wonder what kind of gas mileage it will get if I remove it... :joke:

I was one of the naysayers for a long time. Kind of like the Slick 50 and Vornado voo doo. But I figured, for $3-$4 dollars, it can't hurt to try. I've now been using them for about a year. They do work.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I was a NAYSAYER for a couple of years. I was forced to install them in a few of my customers bikes when they bought tires from us.

A member from this board, sent me a set of them and asked me to try them. Well I waited till my next change on my bike and installed them.

The rest is history, I now sell them as well as use them.

They Work!

Bulldog

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yep. After spending countless hours reading all the threads on this and other boards, it was finally seeing this video over on ADVRiders which convinced me these little boogers might actually work.

·
Registered
846 Posts
From what I have read on these balance beads, they say to put 2 ozs. into each m/c tire. Suppose the tire requires more than 2 ozs.? Then how do you know how much to add?

W

·
0 Posts
From what I have read on these balance beads, they say to put 2 ozs. into each m/c tire. Suppose the tire requires more than 2 ozs.? Then how do you know how much to add?
Honda specifies no more than 2.1 ounces of balance weights for the front and 2.5 ounces for the rear. If your wheel/tire won't balance with two ounces of beads then it needs to be remounted with the light spot (marked by a paint mark) closest to the heaviest part of the wheel (usually close to the valve stem) or else the tire should be replaced as defective.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If the tire/wheel is out of balance more than the 2 oz. then 2 oz. bag of beads will not balance the tire...I have ran into this situation two times in probably 800 tires mounted and balanced with the beads...a Harley front wheel and a Valkyrie rear wheel...Harley was at 4 oz. out of balance and Valkyrie was 3.50 oz. I rotated the tire on the wheel until I got 2 oz required, dropped in a 2 oz. bag of beads and all good...I install 4 oz. in trike rear tires and 3 oz. in 180 serires tires up to 200 series...this is to be sure I have adaquate beads to do the job...

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Purchased/installed Beads and Stones, from Bulldog, for Montrose CO gathering in May. Also rode to Harrison, AR gathering in October with this combo.....tires are smooth with no cupping and the ride was excellent. Very Satisfied.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am haveing a hard time buy into this video, the drill wasnt run at the same speed to start off. The dyna beads may work but I would bet good tire ballance is smoother in the long run...... old school I guess !

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
so, let me get this:

When you are going slow or right after you stop or on a parade mode, the tire is revolving out of balance. Its not until the beads get a chance to circulate to the proper oscillation that the beads work.

What is the speed at which my tire will be running without the balancing benefit of the beads?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts