GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on another thread, But I don't think too many people frequent it. So I thought some of you might like to see this. This is on my stock 2004 GL1800A before the fuel pressure regulator.
[/img]

·
Registered
589 Posts
OK I will be the 1st to ask ? What is it after ? :?:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just stated that as a point of reference. I did not dyno the bike after I installed the regulator.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jack D said:
Thanks for posting this. I have been wanting to see the air/fuel ratio of a GL.
Amazingly consistant, eh?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cycledude said:
did u notice the change ?
I don't understand the question.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
"the change" any difference in performance with the fuel regulator?

I'm curious also.

H

·
0 Posts
Just to confuse the issue and including the fact that this was the bike I had up at Bulldog's picnic in May/June.

Horsepower

Torque and Air/Fuel Ratio
[/quote]

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hal, you're gonna make me have to bust out my 929 dyno sheets! :lol:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mr.b said:
"the change" any difference in performance with the fuel regulator?

I'm curious also.
No. No noticable power difference with the fuel pressure regulator. All it did was to virtually eliminate the low RPM stumble. That is enough for me to leave it in.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Nedro - Please explain the "low rpm stumble" Does it refer to the abrupt on-off at low rpm or something entirely different. (yeah, I know, if I'm too stupid to know, what difference does it make, but bear with me.)

Where did the fuel pressure regulator come from?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Smitty said:
Nedro - Please explain the "low rpm stumble" Does it refer to the abrupt on-off at low rpm or something entirely different. (yeah, I know, if I'm too stupid to know, what difference does it make, but bear with me.)

Where did the fuel pressure regulator come from?
I got it from Turbo City.
There is a low RPM stumble and an abruptness/surge, on/off if you will, just like you're describing. I've noticed that it has greatly reduced both. The on/off has not been eliminated completely, but it is much less prevalent and easy to manage.
I am not trying to push this product in any way. The changes overall are subtle. It does effect fuel economy (about 10 to 15 miles less for each tankfull). and it is a bear to install. I would do it again, but not sure how many others would if they had the chance. And the only other person I know of who installed one was Fred H. I think he removed his (not sure why).

H

·
0 Posts
nedro said:
Hal, you're gonna make me have to bust out my 929 dyno sheets! :lol:
My bike is a cruiser so don't go pulling rank on me. LOL.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Thanks for the feed-back, Nedro. I'm interested in anything that smooths out the on-off response, but this may be out of my league. I appreciate your info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts