GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago I did a Dice Run and won the grand prize which was a free dyno tuning from a local bike shop. The folks in the room that knew I rode a wing had a good laugh while I accepted my prize. Today I took it there just so I could get the real numbers of my personal bike. I was very happy with the results.

It was 75 degrees, pressure at pretty much sea level - 0% correction all around. Final numbers is 103hp at 5400 RPMs and 118 lbs torque at 3400 RPMs. The power curve is fantastic. Very smooth. I'm happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
What year wing do you have Fuse?

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
The "sniffer" tells if you are close to the magic air/fuel ratio number for maximum power....lean or rich.
FUSE, to add to what Transformer says.... Its placed inside the exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ran mine a couple of weeks ago. It was 103F with high humidity and about 800' elevation. My numbers were less than yours but they were dead consistent.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Thanks to both of you who posted your hp and tq figures. The graph posted by Brad Felmey explains a lot.

The wide nearly flat torque curve across the engine operating band and in particular, from about 2,500 rpm to 5,000 rpm tells us a lot about our engines. For one thing, our engines are running at peak torque at around 75 to 80 mph. I like to cruise at 74 mph on the interstates in daylight and good weather if I'm going somewhere, not just out for a ride.

The torque curve does suggest that our engines could pull a second overdrive, sixth gear but torque would be reduced some.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The "sniffer" tells if you are close to the magic air/fuel ratio number for maximum power....lean or rich.
Ahhh, no he didn't do that. I would assume it was for two reasons. One is it was free for me :) so that's just an extra step and probably because we knew from the start there would be no tuning. I have to say, with the curve shown on the graphs it really shows Honda did a great job tuning these motors.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ran mine a couple of weeks ago. It was 103F with high humidity and about 800' elevation. My numbers were less than yours but they were dead consistent.
Nice. I as well had three runs, they gave me three separate printouts instead of on one sheet. Also wish they did color. All of mine were very consistant like yours as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts